46

"Hell yeah! I love that kid! She's like my little sister!"

Hawks now sat in the spot previously occupied by Nezu and Mai.
He seemed the most excited out of the three to have been there and the interview was filled with flirting and witty banter between Aoi and the pro hero.
He was wearing his hero costume while Aoi had a tight red dress with an even lower neckline than the last one.

Mai was laying on the couch, Fuyumi was already in bed preparing for the day of teaching preschoolers ahead of her.
So Mai was alone listening.

"The moment I met her wasn't what I expected! When we were planning and I was told I would be put against the 'Champion' the last thing I expected was teenager!"

Hawks was a pro at this.
He answered questions that Aoi didn't even ask but it flowed so naturally.

Mai watched his interview to the end paying attention to every word.
Any word from someone as famous and influential as hawks could make or break her entire future.

"I wanna leave one thing, Mai Rika is one of the most powerful people I've ever come across And she wants to use this power for good.
Is that something you really want to stop? Because I've seen people get shut down by heros and go down a dark road.

Mai Rika isn't someone you want to become a villain, because if she did... We'd be doomed simple as that."

...................

Hawks burst through endeavor's door.
"Your ride has Arrived!"
He announced with a proud smile as he threw her uniform and back pack at Mai.
"Get dressed kid it's time to learn!!"

Mai groaned.
The moment she'd been dreading since this whole interview thing ended.
Going to UA and facing the few people who's opinions she actually cared about.

She grabbed the clothes and noticed hawks was still hiding something behind him.
"I got something for my favorite UA student~"
He said in a singsong voice.

Mai raised an eyebrow.
"Tokoyami isn't here."

"Not him silly! you!"
He showed her his gift and earned a completely exasperated look from Mai.

"Is that you?"
She asked reaching for the plushie.

"Yep! It's limited edition to! Only a hundred of them In the whole world!"
He stood proud, his feathers puffed up.
"So now it can protect you when I can't!"
He said, the gesture was actually kinda sweet dispite the fact that it was his own merchandise.

"Thanks Hawks."
She said putting it in her black and walking to go get changed.
She slowly pulled Fuyumi's pajamas off and replaced it with the standard UA uniform.
Her reflection showed a normal schoolgirl with two horns and a tail not a blood stained gladiator.
But looks can be deceiving.

...................

"It'll be fine! No need to be nervous!"
Hawks said skipping through the UA halls.
"These halls are really big! I could fly through them!!"
Hawks said doing a full circle while walking.
He'd insisted he would not only walk her to the schoo, but also to the classroom.
Saying he needed to pass her to Aizawa in order to complete his duties as her ride to UA.
The halls were empty because they were given premission to come in late during class so they can avoid giving Mai unwanted attention for as long as possible.

But that was inevitable considering the fact that Mai's life was probably a magnet for tragedy and horror.
So when the class One-A was finally in sight she couldn't help but be shocked that she hadn't been attacked yet.

Her guy twisted and she stopped walking.
Hawks turned to her.
"They'll understand, it'll be fine."
He said with a smile.

"And if they don't?"
She asked still unsure.
Hawks shook his head.
"The good ones will, think of this as a way to weed out bad freinds."
He joked but she shook her head.
She didn't want to weed out anyone.
Damn it, this is why she used to shut people out.

Because letting go of them hurt.

She sighed and straightened.
Breaking down right now won't help anything, time to get this over with.

"I'm fine let's go."
She said her grey eyes empty.

...................

UA was split in two.
Two half's, two sides, a thousand Opinions and a million questions.

And one person had the answers.
But that was the person they would never ask.

Silence had followed the interview with Mai, and the one with Nezu and the one with Hawks.
What could they say?
What was there to say?

They sat in their classroom, not thinking of the lesson Aizawa was teaching.
He knew that actually, his eyes occasionally glancing up at the clock.
It could be any minute now, any minute before-

The door slammed open, leave to hawks  to disrupt a peaceful classroom with an unnecessary dramatic entrance.
"Hello little heroes!!!"
He yelled wings spread wide and a bright smile on his face.
"And hello Eraserhead sir! I am here to complete my duties!"
He moved his wing and allowed his package to move to the front of her class.

"Here she is safe! sound! and ready for her next therapy session!!"
He said presenting her to the class like a show and tell presentation.
"Anyways I gotta go! I'm needed in Hosu..."
He checked the time on his phone.
"Shit like five minutes ago- Bye Aizawa! Bye little heroes! By Mai Play nice and have a wonderful evening!"

He screamed before leaving Mai to her classmates.