15

15: Cold Blooded Duties◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

On the night of the 22nd, Boss Chaerin had given an assassination task for Soyoung. However, it wasn't just any regular task like she had been given before. This time, she had the responsibility of guiding Sora and Valerie. At first, Soyoung couldn't believe how she was given such a role, especially after everything that had happened with Jisung, but she believed she could complete this.

"This is a step for you to gain back my trust. If you can complete this successfully, I'll be able to have some trust in you again. Are you up for it, Soyoung?" Chaerin's voice replayed. Soyoung was surely up for it. All she had to do was lead the two girls. How hard was that?

Currently, Soyoung led Sora and Valerie through a dim steel hallway that led to the equipment room.

"Hm. I guess we were bound to talk more, Val." Sora smirked while analyzing her sharp black painted nails.

"Call me by my full name," Valerie said, side-eyeing the elder.

Sora chuckled lightly before switching her attention to the younger. "So...where are we going for our first mission?" Sora asked. Her lips pouted habitually while scanning the area.

"We're going to a mansion owned by a man named Yang Jaehwa," Soyoung answered while punching a password into the wall device. After Soyoung used the hand scanner, the vault clicked open for access. The girls entered the cold equipment room. "Millions of security guards surround the property, so we'll need to be cautious," Soyoung added.

"What's the goal? Are we stealing something?" Sora hummed as her curious fingers brushed the displayed weapons.

"More like stealing someone's life," Soyoung corrected, searching through a drawer of firearms.

Sora's black nail tapped her chin. "Ah, cold blooded duties, I see."

Soyoung nodded, and she spun towards the two older females. "Here, you two should use 1911s." She tossed the two pistols across the center table. "I'm positive Sora will be fine since she's been on a couple jobs. But what about you, Valerie?"

"I've been fine during my private training, so I'm well-prepared," Valerie assured, stuffing the handgun into her holster.

"Good. This should be an easy task as long as we keep our heads straight," Soyoung said while claiming her own weapon.

"Three hot baddies on their way to kill men, hah!" Sora strutted a pose while thrusting her gun into the air.

Valerie's eyes slit into a sharp line, aiming at Sora. "If you accidentally shoot us right now, I'll come back from the dead and strangle you," Valerie muttered, tying up her hair into a bun.