42

Y'ALL👏🏻👏🏻 for those who didn't see my message on my board, thank you SOOO much for 20k reads! whether you read silently or leave comments, your love and support truly means a ton to me!! 🥺🥺❤️

42 : Joining The Neos For A Night

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

As they would for emergencies like these, NCT split up into multiple groups. Each group had an assigned captain, whose job was to lead and ensure that their members were getting work done. Mark was captain of his team of five, and he wore an earpiece to stay connected to Taeyong and the other captains as well.

Mark, Donghyuck, Jeno, Jaemin, and Sungchan were hurrying behind Soyoung, trying to catch up before she could cut through the main entrance. Although they were sprinting as fast as they could, they still weren't quick enough as Soyoung forcefully kicked down the pair of double doors.

Soyoung was instantly faced with people already. A few men were positioned at the front, black from head to toe, but a significant purple symbol was plastered on their arms. Nonetheless, Soyoung fired her gun at the men inside.

She gained a close proximity. Soyoung charged her elbow into one of them, and she swung her right leg at their gun. The man lost his grip and lowered his weapon, allowing Soyoung to send a bullet through his chest. She then shifted, ducking down before rising in front of another shooting man. Her fist rammed into their face, shoving their rifle out of the way before they could spike her. With her own weapon, Soyoung shot the man in the stomach.

Turning her head around, Soyoung lifted her chin up at Mark, tossing the deceased man's rifle to ground. Mark caught sight of the gun, bewilderment displayed on his expression, and he stopped in his tracks. "Don't you want a stronger weapon to use??" Mark offered in a puzzled tone.

"I can handle them with a handgun." It was as simple as that. Soyoung then rushed off, leaving the boys to be slightly dumbfounded.

Jeno hummed as he stood beside Mark. "Not gonna lie, she's kinda cool," Jeno commented, observing how Soyoung slid across the floors and aimed at more men.

Mark scoffed, nudging Jeno's arm. "She's already taken, bud," he responded.

"I wasn't even— wait, how do you know?"

"Okay, what's going on??" Sungchan cut in as soon as he caught up to them, watching the girl who was currently digging her fist into a man's abdomen.

"Don't question it," Mark heaved a sigh in response.

"Mark, do you know something about this?" Jeno continued to ask, becoming suspicious.

"Uhhh, pft— no," Mark denied, averting his eyes before Jeno could catch his flustered gaze. "Anyways, I say we all split up. If you come into contact with an enemy, you know what to do."