21

21 : I Need Someone

21 : I Need Someone

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Soyoung trudged down the sidewalk of a sleeping city. It was night—days after she had last seen Jisung and her ex, Beomseok.

The coruscant sky was a spectacular view...However, Soyoung didn't regard it tonight. Hot tears were cascading her flushed cheeks. Beomseok still lived inside her head. His burning hand marks had never left her skin. His false kisses were tattooed on her skin. His yells and shouts were still bashing through her eardrums.

Why were memories like this? Distant memories crawled back as if they had just recently happened. Soyoung had grown tough skin over the years, but she was weak to the bones whenever she replayed all the harsh kicks and slaps she received from Beomseok.

Eventually, the memories suffocated her. Soyoung struggled as she inhaled trembling breaths. Her hands cupped her chilled cheeks as her face crumpled. Her eyes scrunched up at the excruciating pain inside her chest.

Soyoung didn't care for Beomseok, and she no longer loved him. Soyoung kept asking herself, why does it still hurt?

Soyoung couldn't handle this overbearing pain. She desperately needed something to get her mind off of Beomseok. Soyoung repeated another deep inhale, considering an idea since she had nothing else to turn to. Her hand reached into her back pocket, pulling out her phone. Her hand swiftly swiped her tears from her cheeks whilst scrolling through her contacts, and she pressed on the one she thought she would've trashed by now. Waiting for the person to pick up, she cleared her throat to sound as normal as possible.

"What?" Jisung answered through the phone.

"Jisung." A slight tremble wrapped her voice. "Can I...see you right now?"

"Why?"

"I..." She trailed off. How could she put this into words– "I want to see you."

"Huh?" he sounded confused. "But I can't. Not right now-"

"I-I just really need someone," Soyoung lamented, wiping her nose with the back of her hand.

"I'm literally killing someone at the moment."

"Please, I need you," Soyoung squeaked out, her head hanging down.

A silent pause hung over them. Soyoung listened to the noise from the other side of the phone, waiting patiently for Jisung to respond. Soyoung couldn't help but sniffle, and she was moments away from falling into a pit of sobs.

"Meet me at the empty garage—the same one we've been to. I'll be there."

The phone hung up shortly, and Soyoung sighed, her arm dropping to her side. Her other hand held her forehead, and she watched through her obscured vision as teardrops dripped onto the grey concrete.