I'm thinking outloud

Start from the beginning

"You cannot win," Reign sternly said, "There is no prison you can build that can contain me. There is no one on this planet of equal power that can kill me."

The Flash breathed heavily, his fists clenching, when—

"That's what you think."

The Flash looked behind Reign and Supergirl to find Sam holding Reign's blade. He was quick to realize what she was going to do, and he shook his head, "No!" He yelled as Sam pierced the blade into Reign's back.

Reign let out a loud gasp before her grip on Supergirl loosened and the heroine dropped to the ground, letting the oxygen back into her lungs. Reign dropped to her knees, suddenly wheezing as her back glowed red from where she was stabbed.

Almost growling under her breath, Reign looked back at the proud Sam before getting up, and punching Sam, which sent her flying across the room.

Mon-El and The Flash got up, helping the others when Supergirl saw Sam's condition. She turned back to Reign, anger consuming her. She used all her energy to get back up, as Reign turned to her just to be hit hard in the face, by Supergirl's fist.

This sent Reign tumbling into the air, before gravity pulled her back down — right into the cauldron of boiling dark red energy. It consumed her almost immediately. Or at least they thought it did.

Like from a scary movie, Reign emerged again. A blast of energy came before she did, sending Supergirl to the ground. Reign came roaring, the red laser heat vision blasting from her eyes, in a last attempt before she withered away.

Sam got up right before she got blasted by the heat vision, sending her off to the ground. Dead.

The laser heat vision then blasted Alura, sending her off to the ground. Dead.

Then went on to Mon-El, who got sent to the ground as well once he got hit. Dead.

Supergirl looked up from the ground, gasping at the sight before her, right before J'onn was about to get blasted. But at the very last second, The Flash zoomed up to him, pushing him out of the way, taking the hit.

"NO!" Supergirl screamed as she watched in horror as her husband got blasted with laser heat vision. It went right through him, like he was nothing. He dropped to the ground, motionless. Dead, "BARRY!"

Reign died away in multi-seconds, the blasts of laser heat vision stopped, as Supergirl stumbled to her feet, running over to Barry's side, "Barry!" She screamed again, gathering him in her arms, "Barry...no, no, no, no..." her hands shook terribly as she pulled his cowl off, revealing his breathless face. His eyes shut, and she couldn't...she couldn't feel him anymore, "Barry, come back to me. Please. Barry...Barry, please don't leave me," as the acceptance that her husband, her best friend, her lover, the love of her life, her everything was gone, dead in her arms, rolled over her, she pulled him into her chest, crying — screaming — out into his shoulder, her tears streaming down not only her face, but into his suit.

At this moment, J'onn shapeshifted back into his human form, groaning from the impact, as he heard the cries of Supergirl over her lost love, "Supergirl," he muttered and she looked over at him, her face soaked in tears. He saw the scene before him, a woman mourning over her husband, who gave his life to save someone else. It utterly broke him, "Barry gave his life to save me."

"No," Supergirl shook her head, shutting her eyes close as tears continued to drip down from her eyes.

"All that time I spent with my father, I'd learned nothing," J'onn continued, "I still came in fighting like a Manhunter."