not kansas

"Some flames are never truly extinguished, requiring only a gentle touch, a deep kiss, to reignite a blaze within you."
- Beau Taplin
————————————————————————

Reign punched Supergirl right in the stomach, causing her to fly back into a nearby door. While she was down, Reign screamed at DEO agents, sonic waves pouring out. She then turned towards Lena on the other side to find Mon-El and The Flash with her. They looked back at her, finding she was suddenly causing the building to vibrate horribly until suddenly, Supergirl grabbed her arm, throwing her into the ceiling, crashing her into the roof of her containment.

The Flash guarded Lena as the scientist placed the black rock on a small pedestal all while Supergirl and Mon-El slowly pranced around, waiting for Reign's next move.

Lena swirled around a piece of her tech, which controlled a small robot, to drill off a small piece off the rock. The Flash nervously looked at what she was doing before glancing back at his wife, just when Reign suddenly attacked her from behind. She spun her around before throwing her across the room, crashing into some equipment.

From this, Mon-El zoomed at Reign, crashing her into a wall, while Lena placed the piece of rock she got into a small metal tube.

Supergirl and Mon-El stood up as well as Reign as Lena held the tube over a small ignition. Mon-El went for the Worldkiller first, throwing his fist, but she ducked before standing up again, punching him.

Lena and The Flash looked back at this point, finding Supergirl and Reign going back at it again. She punched Supergirl in the jaw before Supergirl and Mon-El both kicked her in the stomach.

"Don't worry," Flash muttered to the scientist, "I'll protect you. Just focus on that rock."

Lena nodded, getting back to work. Once the rock had melted into a liquid substance, she poured it into glass tube before getting a syringe.

Reign threw a punch at the hero but she caught it before whipped her cape at the Worldkiller, wrapping around her throat, before Mon-El whipped his own cape at her legs. The two let go at the same time in different directions, causing the villainess to flip over in the air, crashing to the ground.

Lena turned back to them, the syringe filled with the substance. She quickly slid it across the floor, right for Mon-El who was leaning down with Supergirl, who was holding Reign still in a choke hold. The Legionarie quickly inserted the syringe into Reign's neck, before pulling it back, which caused the substance to course in her bloodstream.

She screamed out as red veins covered her body. Supergirl let her go as Reign slowly dropped to the ground, the red veins growing to her eyes. It was like she was burning away. Reign was burning away and Sam was coming out free.

The essence of Reign lifted up into the air, leaving a exposed and unconscious Sam on the ground. They all watched the essence float up into the ceiling, until it just exploded, pouring out small trinkets of heat.

Supergirl quickly covered Sam from the afterglow with her cape as Lena and The Flash stared at the unconscious woman. After the heat had disappeared, Lena slowly approached her friend, "Sam? Can you hear me?"

Sam murmured under her breath, despite her eyes still closed, "I need a...Do you have some aspirin?"

Lena chuckled happily as Supergirl looked at The Flash with relief washing over her as well.