the way our horizons meet

Cisco was working on the symbols in the cortex when Caitlin walked out from the med bay after helping Wally get bandaged up. "Any luck?" She asked.

"No, not yet," Cisco answered. "The computer keeps telling me it's random gibberish."

"Maybe it is," Caitlin said.

"No, it's not. Barry's trying to send us a message. I know it," Cisco said before he walked over to another computer. "I mean, he spent all this time in the Speed Force. Maybe now he knows the answers to life, the universe, and everything."

"So you think all this crazy writing is Barry's way of telling us forty-two?" Caitlin asked, following him and he laughed.

"Yes, exactly," Cisco said before he looked up at her to find her smiling. "Have I mentioned how much I miss having you around?" She gave a small frown before Cisco looked back at his computer. "I'm gonna keep working on this. Unless you have any ideas."

"Nope, it's all Greek to me," Caitlin said before she started to walk away, and Cisco watched him, thinking to himself.

"Great Caesar's Ghost," he muttered and Caitlin looked back at him confused. "This analysis is based on a monoalphabetic substitution cipher, but what if it's polyalphabetic?" Caitlin watched as he ran over to the other computer again. "What if it's it's like Greek? Like the symbols are unique alphabet?" He pressed some buttons and immediately the computer started examining the symbols. "Excelsior!"

By this, Kara ran out from the med bay, a glitter of hope in her eyes, and a smile. "What is it?" She asked.

"Cisco figured it out. He figured out how to crack Barry's code," Caitlin said and Kara's smile grew.

"You did? What does it say?" She asked.

"Hold on one sec. It's loading. Come on- Loading, loading, loading, loading and it says—" Cisco's smile dropped as he saw what the screen told him. "This house is bitchin'."

Kara's smile dropped as she stared at him confused. "This house is bitchin'?" She asked and Cisco nodded. "That doesn't sound like Barry."

"No. No. No, it doesn't. That's 'cause it's not," Cisco said and Kara sighed a frown before he walked away.

———

Caitlin walked into Cisco's workshop to find him sitting down at one of the stools, staring at something covered by a tarp. "Whoa," Caitlin muttered as she continued to walk in. "Don't tell me you have Frankenstein under there."

"It's Barry's new suit, although right now, I'm having trouble seeing it as anything other than a waste of time," Cisco told her as she stood in front of him.

"Cisco-"

"I know. I should've listened to you," Cisco said before he hysterically chuckled. "Barry was never trying to communicate with us, but I believed it. I really did. Sometimes, I feel like if I believe in something hard enough, that'll make it real. You know what the worst part is? I didn't do it to save the city. I did it because it gave me an excuse to bring him back. I did it because I missed my friend." Caitlin frowned down at him as she placed a hand on his shoulder when someone stepped into the doorway of the workshop.

"Barry's back?"

Cisco and Caitlin both tensed up, at the familiar voice. They both turned back, utterly surprised and almost dead in their tracks. Mon-El. "So are you," Cisco said with a smile as he got up. Mon smiled a little before he stepped into the workshop and the two bro-hugged.

———

Standing in the symbol full cell, Joe leaned down to a fresh-shaven Barry, wiping away any shaving cream left. "Much better," Joe said as Barry smiled brightly at him. "You said it yourself," Barry said and Joe's smile slowly faded. "She goes looking for danger."