crisis on earth-x : PART FOUR

"You found parts of me I didn't know existed and in you I found a love I no longer believed was real."
————————————————————————

FIRESTORM ran off, and waited until they were behind a wall safely before they split up.

Jax quickly ran off to the power cell, opening it while trying to hot wire it. Not even remotely worried about Grey, who was trying to avoid being shot at. "Grey, we got power." But Jax had to immediately duck down when he was getting shot at. He ran off, ducking for cover while a small car drove by, Nazis soldiers shooting at him.

Meanwhile, Mon-El had punched down a guard, when a group of guards began shooting at him. But before a single bullet shot him, SF jumped down right in front of him, the bullets bouncing right off of her. "Woah. You really are a SuperMeta."

SF smiled at the thought. "Thanks."

The two then ran off for cover, well SF covering Mon so he wouldn't get shot when they heard Jax yell, "I'm pinned down!"

Taking a leap of faith, Professor Stein immediately began to run across the room, heading towards the lever. But mid run, he suddenly gasped, freezing in place. 

SF gasped in utter shock seeing Professor Stein hit the floor, a Nazis soldier right behind him, having just shot him. Mon pulled her down with him, not wanting her to do anything stupid.

"GREY! NO!"

Shots continued to fly past everyone, while Professor Stein was on the ground dying. "Grey's hit!" Jax yelled, and SF looked over at him for a moment, her eyebrows furrowed up. "We got to get him out of there!"

Before anything else could happen, SF zoomed over to Professor Stein, bending down over him, checking to see if he was alright, though she knew he wasn't. But when she did, Mon-El grumbled in annoyance. "Emma!"

"Professor Stein?" SF asked, covering him from any other shots, the shots just bouncing off of her. "You're gonna be alright, okay?"

"I...highly doubt that," Professor Stein muttered and her breath hitched up.

"Where's Barry when you need him?" Sara asked as she and Alex started shooting Nazis.

"Just tying up some loose ends."

"He's almost at the breach hangar."

"If we don't stop him, he's gonna blow up our only ticket home."

"Not to mention us," Sara said into comms as she and Alex hid behind some crates.

SF suddenly looked back, everything around her slowing down, just to see a load of Nazis starting to fire at them, so just as quickly as she looked back, she went into action. She hovered over Professor Stein, holding out her cape to protect them both.

Meanwhile, The Green Arrow and Citizen Cold hid behind some crates, staring at all the gunmen shooting at everyone. "A little help with that, please." And just like that Citizen Cold blasted at the Nazis, freezing some of them.

But when she was trying to protect the Professor, SF was confronted by Nazis. She snapped around, to realize she was completely surrounded, out of the way to protect the Professor.

But it wasn't until she knocked the last one down, or when she heard Jax practically scream, "Grey! Stand down! Grey!", when she knew something worse had happened. She turned around to find that Professor Stein was up on his feet, blood soaking his clothes, inches from pulling down the lever, when he got shot again.