it's just another night, and i'm staring at the moon

Alien Dive Bar

That night, Alex and Maggie faced the news as they got their pitch of beer.

"Reporting from downtown National City, it seems Supergirl has been just about everywhere these days."

"She does know that the cop are occasionally capable of doing their jobs, right?" Maggie said before she and Alex walked back to their table where Winn, Iris, James and J'onn were.

"And we can forget about her showing up tonight," Winn said.

"Or finishing her assignment," James said.

"Or helping me finish mine," Iris said before she looked at J'onn. "Hey, how much longer do we have to keep giving her space? I don't know how much more space I can give. I miss my best friend and we need each other now more than ever."

"As frustrating as this is," J'onn started.

"Beyond," Alex cut in.

"We're not the ones who lost her fiancée. I think patience is the least we can offer," J'onn said and Iris sighed, thinking that maybe that's what Kara needed. Everyone gave her space, and she was able to lift herself up eventually. Even though she still refused to go to the DEO. "Agreed?"

"Agreed," Iris muttered but Alex walked off to the jukebox.

Maggie followed her while Alex messed around with the buttons. "Call me selfish, but I just...I really miss my sister sometimes," Alex said, sensing Maggie's worried presence.

"I know," Maggie said as she rubbed her back. "Cheer up. It's time for that tasting." But Alex just continued to frown. "You don't wanna go to that tasting, do you?" Alex looked at her, but didn't even correct her. "What's going on with you? Why are you suddenly so down on this wedding?"

"No, no, no. I'm not down on it. I just, I...I don't know," Alex said.

"Well, when you figure it out, let me know," Maggie said before she walked off, right as Winn walked up to Alex.

"Hey. I think we may have tracked down the Merc. I just got an alert from the DEO. Supergirl's gonna meet us there," Winn said and Alex nodded.

The DEO

Winn, Alex and J'onn walked in with Supergirl as a screen was brought up on the TVs. "You were able to trace the Merc with his blood?" Supergirl asked.

"Meet Robert DuBois. Goes by Bloodsport, which is not any sport I've ever heard of," Winn said before he sat at his computer.

"What do we know about him?" Supergirl asked.

"Oh, you remember those bombings at City Hall, a few years ago? That was him. And, he's been AWOL ever since," Winn said but Supergirl took his keyboard and started to type away.

"His file says he's ex-military," She said.

"Where was he last stationed?" Alex asked.

"Fort Harrison. Like twenty minutes outside the city," Winn said.

"He worked security detail," Supergirl said, her eyes still on the computer screen.

"He'd have knowledge of all the ins and outs of the base. He could sneak on, locate weapons, technology, anything he wanted to," J'onn said.

"Winn, call his CO," Supergirl said before she looked at him. "See what they know about him."

"Okay," Winn said as he grabbed his tablet and Supergirl started to walk away. "Whoa, whoa!"