26. First Impression

Start from the beginning

Every time she thought about the horrific night he broke into her house, she couldn't help but cry. It might have made her seem weak, but she was given no other option. She felt completely hopeless, and the only thing that made her feel better by a minuscule was releasing the pent-up tears that had been waging in her body.

Jimin's expression shifted smoothly, concerned, taking his sister's silence as her way of giving in.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't push you to do those things." He instantly apologized, rue washing over him.

She shook her head, sniffling. "No. You're right. He should know, I just don't know how I should tell him."

"Wait for it to come up organically?" Jimin suggested, his voice a slight murmur.

Seren chortled, looking over at her brother. "Oh yeah, like that's ever gonna happen."

"Why don't you just start by telling him that you guys should open up to each other?" Jimin was now giving shrewd guidance. "Just be straight forward. Tell him that now that you two are moving to a more serious ground, you have to tell him about something that's been stressing you out."

'Straight forward.' Seren repeated, gripping the wheel with her sweating palms.

She blew air through her wet lips, fumbling with her lip ring. "Y-yeah. I can do that." Cringing at her stutter.

"I never thought I'd be taking some relationship advice from my little brother." She giggled, turning her signal on to enter a plaza.

"We help each other out." He assured, a small smile pulling on his lips.

Seren silently agreed with him, carefully pulling into an empty parking space.

Jimin unbuckled his seatbelt, stretching his arms out and cracking a few bones as if the drive was longer than fifteen minutes.

Seren removed the keys from the ignition, grabbing her bag.

"Are you ready?" She turned to him with an enthusiastic grin.

He ran his fingers through his fading orange hair. "I think so. He should be nervous to meet me, not the opposite."

Seren rolled her eyes at his protective habits, making Jimin chuckle.

"Right. Well, he's very kind." Seren informed, opening her door. "Just be nice."

"Nice... got it." Jimin repeated as he exited the vehicle, shutting the door.

"Is he here?" He questioned, reaching Seren's fast steps to the entrance.

"Yeah, he texted me letting me know that he's here." She said, opening the door for the two of them.

Hoseok was the one who created the plans, inviting the Park siblings to a brunch cafe that neither Seren nor Jimin had any idea even existed.

By the looks of it, it seemed so maintained and flowery. The ceiling was high with decorative vines stretching down the walls, large windows were used as walls, giving customers a view of the green scenery outside. The rich smell of brewing coffee and fresh sweet pastries rushed to her senses, practically making her mouth water.

"Did you know this place existed?" Jimin muttered to Seren, scanning the new building with marvel glistening in his brown eyes.

"Nope. But, now I know why." She muttered to him, eyes searching for her boyfriend. "Let's just try and find Hoseok, he said he was sitting-"

"Is that him over there?" Jimin kept himself close to his sister, speaking near her ear.

She looked over at the spot Jimin was referring to, a sweet smile falling to her lips when she saw Hoseok sitting with a cheerful grin on his heart-shaped lips, waving his left hand up, trying to get their attention.