Chapter 2

*Ella's POV*

  I can't breathe... I can't tell where I am. How did I even get here?

  Last thing I remember is that Jake was holding me and he was crying.

  *Flashback*
- Don't... Leave me please...

All I wanted to do was to hug him and tell him everything would be ok but I couldn't move. It hurt so much and I could barely talk.

- I am nothing without you.

I couldn't watch him suffer because of me anymore and I needed to tell him how sorry I was. I wanted him to know.

- Jake... will... Will you forgive me? For.. forgive me that I..left you?

I could barely even breath, it was hard to stay awake but I needed to hear his answer.

- You didn't do anything wrong Ella... Don't blame yourself please. 
That's all I wanted to hear...

- I... I always... Always loved... You.

I tried to smile at him. It took all the energy I had but I don't regret it.

- I'm... Sorry...

I couldn't fight it anymore. I closed my eyes.

- Ella!
Last thing I heard was Jake's scream but I couldn't answer him. I was tired. But one thing I cared about was that Jake and Lilly were safe and Gerald couldn't get to them. I hoped that Alan would catch Gerald someday so all of my friends would be safe. That was all I cared and while listening to Jake crying I let darkness consume me.

  I'm sorry Jake...
  *End of flashback*

  How did I get here? Is this hospital? No it can't be. It's dark and I can't breathe. I tried to move and I couldn't. I was surrounded by walls.

  Just then I heard the phone ring. I instantly took it and answered.

- Hello...

A well known voice talked to me through the phone. How I missed that voice.

- J... Jake?
- E-  - Was he crying?
- Ella!

He was definitely crying, for what though? What happened to me?

- Jake, is that really you?
- E...Ella...
- Are y...

He paused. Something definitely wasn't right.

- Jake, are you ok? - I started to cry too.
- Y.. Yes...

Another pause. I don't know if he's happy or sad.

- Are you okay l..ove...?
- I don't know... Jake, I'm scared...
- Where are you?
- I can't see anything. It's dark and it's hard to.. breath.
- Try taking breaths, love... Everything will be okay.

Words I need to hear now. But I needed to know how he was, I can't let him be in danger because of me.

- Jake you're safe, right? You're not in danger?
- No, I'm not.
- Good - I smiled - That's all I wanted to know.

  Even if I can't get out of this place Jake is safe. That's all I wanted when I broke up with Jake and left Duskwood. Now he's safe.

  Then I heard Jake cry and some other voices in the background. I think there were Dan and someone else too. Jake talked to them, I couldn't hear words exactly, it was getting hard to breath every moment I almost lost conscious but then I heard Jake.

- Ella! - I think he was running.
- Jake, where am I? What is this place?
- Don't worry sweetheart, I will find you.
- I can't stay awake.. I want to.. sleep
- Ella, please try to stay awake...
- I can't...
- I found you - He stopped running - I'll get you out of there very soon.
  I couldn't tell him anything.
- Don't worry about it, love, I'm coming.
- Jake...
- Yes
- I'm sorry...
- No, no don't say that!
- Will you forgive me?
- I'm going to find you. Just try to breathe please.
- It's hard...
- Don.. Don't say that
- I'm sorry...

  I couldn't stay awake anymore. I closed my eyes and passed out.

*Jake’s POV*

  I knocked on Ella's apartment door but no answer. I knocked again, is she eating ice cream again?

- Ella? Could you please open the door?

No answer. What's happening?

- Ella, are you still mad at me? I thought we finished talking about that stupid girl yesterday.
- Come on Ella, open the door please. You know I hate it when you're ignoring me.

Still no answer. Now I'm getting scared.

- Ella, I'm coming in.

  Thankfully I knew where the spare keys were hidden. I took them and opened the door quickly. No trace of Ella. Is she taking a shower?

  I went towards her bedroom. When I got near I heard how she was crying. I ran to her and saw her crying while sleeping. She must have had a nightmare.

  I got near her bed and tried to wake her up. It took a few tries but then she woke up. She was horrified.

- It's ok Ella, you were having a nightmare. I'm with you, don't worry.
I went to hug her but she was looking around the room and didn't even hear my words. She then looked at me and cried harder.

- Are you ok? Did Gerald hurt you?
Who in the world is Gerald.
- Ella, who are you talking about? Who is Gerald?
- He.. he tried to shoot Lilly and I.. I saved her.. then I was somewhere and I was talking to you on the phone and..
- Shhh, it's ok

I hugged her and caressed her hair.

- You are in your apartment, safe and sound. Also I have no idea who Gerald is, but it doesn't matter, whoever will dare to even think about hurting you, will pay for it.
- But.. Jake, it was so real. It was real.
- Don't worry about it. You are here, with me. I'll protect you no matter what.
- I know

she smiled. How I missed that smile.

- Go and take a shower, freshen up and come downstairs. I'll make coffee for you.
- Ok.

I got up and went downstairs. Just as I was about to go into the kitchen someone knocked on the door.

  I went straight to the door and opened it. There stood Lilly and Richy, we were planning on going to Aurora today, I still don't like that place. Well, I don't like certain person there, that long haired ugly boy.

  Even though there were rumors about Phil being in love with Chloe, his womanizer side wouldn't let him stay away from Ella. Every time we went to Aurora he would try to flirt with Ella and it took all self control in me to not kill him right then and there.

- Hey brother-in-law - Richy said.
- What?
- Ella is my sister, that makes you my brother-in-law.
- Ok, whatever. Come in

That actually felt good. Thinking about me and Ella getting married one day makes me happy.

  Lilly came to me and hugged me. She hugs me every time she sees me. I think she still can't believe that I'm with her. Even though it's been months now.

- I missed you big bro.

Even though we met yesterday I missed her too. I am getting used to how it feels that I have sisters. I am not alone anymore.

- I missed you too, Lilly.

  She smiled and followed Richy to the living room.

  As I was about to go to kitchen I saw Ella coming down the stairs. Looks like I'm not getting in that kitchen today.

  I stood in front of the stairs and opened my arms for her. If she refuses to hug me, like she did yesterday, I’m going to jump off the cliff. She smiled and ran towards me. Thank god.

  She ran into my arms and hugged me. How did I fall in love with her this quickly? I don't want to even look at other girls. When that girl tried to kiss me in the bar, I was angrier than Ella. I got her dirty hands off of me and sprinted towards Ella. The look of betrayal on her face almost killed me. I couldn't even sleep that night and the next day when I saw her ignoring me, I couldn't take it anymore.

  Right now I'm happy that she's in my arms safe and sound. I'll do anything for her. I'm not letting her go from my life... Ever...