14

"Let us call Enar, to see what must be done. Now that Hope knows we are her family and father suspects." Nayla turned to her brother as she ensured Hope and their listener were out of earshot. She closed the door and walked to the sitting room once again taking out her phone and placing it on the table so Arkin could hear their brother.

"Nayla." Enar's voice came from the phone making the girl instantly relax. She knew Enar would be disappointed on their father suspecting them but it was for their best interest that Enar knew what was happening at all times. "Why are you calling at such hour?"

"Right...time difference. I forgot, Enar. Hope needed to channel me and discovered we were connected. She confronted us and we told her what she needed to know, we offer her to come with us back to England." Nayla explained to her brother and Arkin stayed quiet waiting for their eldest brother to say something.

"Magnus will be heading to you. He will handle Hope Mikaelson if she does not go with you. You must not tell anyone about Magnus, he will be swift and you two need to be out of New Orleans before he takes Hope." Enar stated with a growl and the two flinched at their brother's anger. They knew they messed up but Nayla didn't know where she messed up, was it the lies? Did she make up too many lies to keep up? She needed to come clean to all of them, her father deserved that. Nayla hoped for a relationship with her father, it could be mistake but she wanted to have a father. Arkin on the other hand wanted to remind Kol what it meant to be a vampire. The bloodlust and destruction that came with being immortal, was the only thing that made the years worth it. He had become Davina's lap dog, only doing what she believed was right, she was a witch, she did not know what being a vampire meant. Perhaps Kol even started drinking blood bags instead of drinking from the vein. Arkin wanted to have someone to party with, his brothers had their reservations and Nayla pretended to be a lady. "Nayla meet up with Katerina, I need you throw her off. I remember hearing about dinner? Attend it. Both of you and make as much destruction as you can. We need them to be fighting each other, Mikaelson's are know to fight like animals when they learn secrets. That is why we are better. We have no secrets."

"Very well brother." Arkin sarcastically said as Nayla looked at him with wide eyes. She had secrets. She was never good at hiding from her siblings, she had always been the most faithful of them. Arkin needed to get to the bottom of her secrets before Enar discovered it and kept Magnus and him away from their secrets. "We will see you soon, Enar."

"Take care you two." Enar said and hanged up. Nayla pursed her lips and stood up, trying to walk away from Arkin.

"Nayla, what do you know? What are you keeping from Enar?" Arkin stood up and grabbed hold of his sister before she left the room. There was something she was keeping, it was always like that. Nayla and Enar. There is no one that could get in between them, Nayla would die for their eldest brother. Enar on the other hand, would kill for their sister. Arkin never understood it, perhaps it was because Enar killed Nayla in his second transition and never got over it or because Nayla had always stood by Enar. Even when Arkin and Magnus had tried to leave their family and go on their own, Nayla helped Enar keep them together. "Nayla. Talk."

"It's Enar...I'm not keeping anything from Enar, it's something we are keeping from you two. We don't want you two to worry or lash out, but Enar...Enar is cursed. A traveler cursed our brother after he started digging into mother's past...after he wanted to kill the one that gave us the werewolf gene." Nayla whispered and Arkin frowned not remembering any of this. Enar had never wanted to know who their father is, he only wanted their mother alive and the tribrid. That is why they are doing this, that is why they had come for Hope.

"I don't understand, what are you talking about?" Arkin laughed as if everything he hold dear was being ripped out of his hands.

"Enar, our brother, believed that if he could find our father he will be able to take revenge for our mother. Mother had always been scared of our father, always seemed to look over her shoulder when we went to town." Nayla began to explain and Arkin started to remembering old times with their mother. Caroline always wore a hoodie when they were in town, with sunglasses and often would change her hair color. Arkin should have picked up her caution but it seems only Enar picked up on it. Nayla continued with her story, "Enar wanted to kill our father, to give mother some peace, so he began searching and trying to find anything he could find about mother's past. He didn't find anything but an old bloodline, The Petrova Bloodline, now with the name of last name of Collins. Enar asked questions and their elder placed a curse on our brother. Enar has to hear the voices of all the people he has killed. Only a human from the Petrova Bloodline can lift his curse, I am the only one who knows. I discovered it when he had a breakdown by mother's casket."

"Why didn't he tell us? Why didn't you tell us? We could hav-" Arkin let go of Nayla and began to run his fingers through his hair.

"What? What could we have done?" Nayla cut him off. "Nothing. We can't do anything! Enar killed them all before he knew of their curse. Someone wanted to keep us in the dark, we believe it was mother. Mother may have told all the witches and travelers to curse anyone who came asking for questions about her past. Mother never believed that we will be the ones asking those questions."

"So, Enar just suffers? For the rest of eternity he will suffer and become crazier?" Arkin fired back at her and Nayla huffed crossing her arms.

"Of course not, lucky for us they had a baby girl. Her name is Maya and she is useless, afraid of Enar to even attempt to get rid of his curse. No worries, Katherine will help us with that, in exchange for Stefan." Nayla smiled at her brother and Arkin laughed.

"She doesn't care about Stefan. She married, I don't know why vampires marry, Elijah." Arkin walked to their bar and Nayla rolled her eyes at his brother.

"Arkin, Katherine is the doppelgänger of Amara. Stefan is the doppelgänger of Silas, and their love is eternal. They will always, somehow, love each other. That's why when a doppelgänger is born the other follows. Katherine loves Stefan, doesn't want to admit it but she does." Nayla shrugged and Arkin shook his head at the hopeless romantic. "I'm going to give Aunty Katy a message. Pack your bags my love, we are leaving this wretched city!"

With that Nayla left leaving her brother all alone for the first time since their little dramatic scene at the Mikaelson's home. Arkin made sure that Nayla left before he took out his phone and went through a list of contacts and clicked on the one he wanted. It rang for a second until a groggy voice let out a "what" through the phone. 

"Magnus? Hey, we got to talk."