2

Hope Mikaelson is a special girl. Her parents always hover over her and would never let her out of their sights such as when she asked to attend college. Her dad threatened every college to ensure her safety that the college denied her to attend in fear of upsetting Klaus Mikaelson. Her mom would not let her go in and out of the bayou without an escort. She always had someone behind her and Hope grew tired of it, she was tribrid, she could take care of herself. New Orleans was her home, and she had never been anywhere else for 90 years. Hope wondered if she was going to die locked up in a city without ever seeing the world. She listened to her parents, played by the rules, and never disobeyed, hoping one day she will be able to see the world. Hope had her mother's brown hair and light blue eyes. She loved to shift into her wolf, and would only feed on blood when she had to. Her parents were Klaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall. Her father was the King in New Orleans; he and his brother, her uncle, Elijah Mikaleson ensured the peace in the French Quarter remained. Her uncle Elijah was surprisingly married to her father's old enemy Katherine Pierce or Katerina Mikaelson as she was now called. Katherine liked to make her father angry and would sneak out Hope to go drinking whenever she could. Her mother was the spokesperson for the wolves with her husband, her step-father, Jackson. They made sure that the werewolves had a say in the city, and not be left behind. Her Aunt Davina became an immortal witch, she along with Freya Mikaelson taught Hope how to use her magic. Davina was married to her Uncle Kol, after their wedding day the two left the city for a decade traveling the world, something Hope envied. Freya on the other hand had not left New Orleans much like Hope. She was married to her wife Keelin and they had a son named Nik after her father. Her last uncle was someone she rarely saw, his name was Finn Mikaelson, he was married to a woman named Sage. The two rarely came to New Orleans, spending much of their time traveling the globe to see what her uncle had missed while he was in a box. Hope didn't know why her uncles and aunt Bekah would complain so much about daggers when they all knew it couldn't hurt them. Hope has always wished to have siblings that weren't her step-father's children as her mother couldn't have any more children for becoming a vampire. They always treated her like an outcast and she just wanted to fit in somewhere, she wasn't a wolf, or a vampire, nor a witch. Hope was something extraordinary and would forever remain that way, she didn't even have a friend as they were all too scared of her father to befriend her. Hope had no way of knowing that all of that was about to change when a blonde girl came to town.

"Aunt Bekah?" Hope called as she walked throughout the compound. Her Aunt Rebekah was the only one that understood her. She wouldn't disobey her parents but would bring her pictures from her travels with her husband Stefan Salvatore. The two lived in New Orleans with her but they usually traveled around the globe looking for someone her dad knew years ago. As Hope walked around the courtyard she bumped into a blonde woman who was around her age but she could tell that the girl was a vampire, the gold daylight ring gave her away. "Oh, sorry didn't see you there."

"No problem, I'm just looking for the King of New Orleans. They said something about informing him of my visit?" a british accent came from the blonde's mouth and Hope could only notice the girl's eyes. They were exactly like her father's eyes, she had perfect ironed blonde curls falling down to the middle of her back, pink lips, a kind smile, long legs, she looked like a Victoria Secret Model, and Hope could only feel self conscious about her body as she had a bigger bust and wider hips. "Oh sorry, where are my manners? I'm Nayla, Nayla Smith."

"Nice to meet you Nayla. My name is Hope Mikaelson and you are looking for my dad." Hope smiled, shaking her hand, out of nowhere Hope felt a spark of something familiar. It was the same feeling she had when she touched her dad. "Come, I can take you to him."

"Thank you, Hope." Nayla followed Hope as the brunette led her to her father's office. Hope knocked on the door and after hearing a verbal response she opened.