Ferdinand-Ch.3

[Ferdinand's POV]

After our miraculous escape from what I had only just started to call my home, we were somehow teleported to the middle of nowhere.

We were playing a very dangerous game and would soon be overrun, or powers sucked away by these evil beings.

Meanwhile, the Taurus zodiac is dying out, it is not going to be too long until we lose another pure zodiac in our community.

I feel terrible about the thought of sacrificing other people's lives for just one zodiac community, but if I don't do something soon.

Our whole community will die, three lives for millions?

Is it really worth it, I thought to myself.

Laying in bed staring up at the ceiling with mixed thoughts and feelings.

"I know who we need to sacrifice, but they are only kids," I muttered under my breath, heaving a sigh.

On the other hand, if I don't sacrifice then we will lose not just Taurus but the other Eleven Zodiacs.

"I can't lose my family, but what about everyone else families? Why should so many others have to suffer." I rubbed my forehead, a headache started to form.

They are the only ones that can fight them, those kids are everyone's only hope.

None of those kids understand the severity of the situation and it worries me.

I looked over at my alarm clock, the time said 05:30 in the morning.

"For Quartic's sake!" I snapped, accidentally waking up Ezekiel in the progress.

"What the Qell!, Ferdinand what is your problem!?" He whispered yells back at me, shooting a glare my way.

He was rubbing his eyes with his hands, trying to get the sleep out of them.

"Me? Am I the problem? You couldn't even help me sacrifice a few kids!" I whispered yelled back.

"Yes, because I have a complicated relationship with one of them..." His words were slowly dying off, he was fiddling with his hands.

It then suddenly clicked, especially as to why his information had been so short each day.

"You have feelings for him, don't you?" I asked in a quiet voice, I had a feeling that I was right in this predicament.

"Somewhat, there is definitely a connection" He shrugs it off like it was nothing, he was trying to remain professional.

"You realize this is something that could get you stripped of your title?" I ask him, I frowned in thought, trying to see if there was a way to help him.

"I do realize this, I love my job, but that's the thing, if it doesn't work out, I quit my job for nothing" He sighs under his breath, I could feel the frustration pouring off him. Many people in his line of work do not have any partners whatsoever.

It would be a liability to them and their company if an enemy were to use their family as bait.

"That's a bit unfortunate, and no one else knows about this except you and me?" I question him, he was my cousin so understandably I would hate for him to have to go through all this trouble.

"I had thought you were going to be mad at me for telling you about this, this whole Taurus line is under threat and you're the only one who can save it," Ezekiel said, I could hear that tone in his voice.

"That's the thing, whether you have feelings for Wyatt or not if the Taurus line dies, so do you," I said with a solemn voice.

I could almost hear his shaky breath before he spoke.

"It won't change the way I feel, but that is why I have not tried to pursue it" I could hear him gulp, I looked over and had seen him staring with a blank gaze at the ceiling, much the same position I was in.

"I am a bit troubled, if we end up saving our own line, everyone else dies" I finished off, silence filled the room, it was an uncomfortable silence.

After a long five minutes of silence, I hear him intake a breath before speaking.

"What do you mean by that Ferdinand." Ezekiel's tone had dropped a decibel, I could feel the worry coming off him.

"I mean, that the monsters are getting stronger by the day, and they are moving in controlled movements," I say and then continue to speak more.

"Which means they are being used by someone, and they intend to kill us all off." I rubbed my forehead in exasperation. 

"That certainly does make things more difficult" Ezekiel ponders, he too had sat on the side of his bed alongside me.

His hand on his chin in deep thought.

"So there really is no hope for Wyatt and me together?" Ezekiel says, his voice sounding pained.

"I'm sorry cousin, there wouldn't be a way, It's either he dies, or our line," I say solemnly.

"Even if we sacrificed?" He asks me.

"They need Wyatt to help fight those monsters" I looked at him, he appeared troubled by the news.

"How about we ask our creators for another Taurus so that we can make more originals?" Ezekiel suggests, looking at me hopefully.

"Unfortunately the one that used to be here reproduced with another zodiac line, otherwise they would still be here." I explain carefully to him.

"How do you know that you are the only one?" Ezekiel asks me with a pointed look.

"Because there are no more people being born under Taurus anymore, which means our originals are dying off," I say frowning.

Every time an original has a child they disappear into another realm. However, if a sacrifice is made, they can bring back an original to help with reproduction.

"What's the plan then?" He asks, looking over at me.

"I think we should call a meeting with all our half god children," I say, rubbing my forehead, my head was starting to hurt from all the thoughts circling in my head.

"Alright I will make that call and gather them all up, how about Nyx?" Ezekiel confirms with me.

"What about Nyx?" I question him.

"Do you think she could be of any help, in all of this, her being a primordial goddess and all" He pointed out, he wasn't wrong though.

She would be older than I was, which means she would know more about the Taurus line dying off.