Raine-Ch.4

[Raine]

I gave Wyatt a curious look as she had waited for every student to disappear off to their rooms.

She beckoned us to follow her down the corridor to an area I had found earlier by accident.

Wyatt said out loud, "So you are Nyx? What does that make me?" He asks in a confused tone of voice.

He was questioning who he was at that moment.

"You know that woman you sent to look after me died in the process of raising me" He was watching his birth mother with an intense gaze.

She, however, did not seem to be phased that she had sacrificed somebody else's life for her child.

"So you don't care that she died for me?" He accused. I raised both my brows and slowly backed away a bit.

She did not look insulted at all. Instead, she was oddly calm.

"There is no point for such frivolous matters. So let us put that behind us and focus on what's in front of us!" She gave a soft smile to Wyatt, giving him an affectionate pat on the head.

He was far from finished with the conversation from hearing his thoughts, but he decided to let it slide for once.

"What's through here?" I ask curiously when we stood in front of the purple ward once more.

"This dear is a secret room with a stronger shield than the one surrounding the castle. The problem with the other shields is that they cannot hold your magic at bay for you to practice," She calmly states, walking towards the ward with ease.

Sliding through the slim hue of purple, leaving behind a trail of sparkles.

We watched, hesitant to follow through the ward.

I took a deep breath, holding a hand out, and physically recoiled when I felt shivers burst up my hand.

"Uh, this feels weird," I mutter as I decide to dive headfirst into the shield.

I was landing on the floor in front of Nyx, who was impatiently waiting for us to come on in.

Wyatt soon followed suit, standing behind me and then looking around at the scenery.

"Welcome to the Qiulo realm," Nyx says with a smile.

We saw a few other people who appeared to be like us, all training in this space together.

"What's Qiulo? Why are we here!?" I gasped out. I was shocked that there was a portal to a secret realm in the castle.

"This is where children of gods come to train. This is where you will learn to use your powers," She says like she was super excited for us to be here with the others.

This was a whole other world. But, then, gigantic purple dragons flew through the sky, little furry bunnies the colour of blue, disappearing and reappearing.

"However, you two are the only ones like the way you are. Everyone else here has a parent that is a partial god. You have one parent who is a full god." Nyx explains I was busy watching the clouds float over the horizon.

"Only two of you can exist in the earthly plane at a time," She finishes, looking at the both of us with a smile.

I nodded, half-listening to her, but Wyatt had a question.

"In terms of power, would that mean that I was the reason our school was under attack..." He trails off. I could feel the guilt radiating off him.

"Yes, however, the shield didn't have a chance at holding you in" She gave a careless shrug.

"Why is it that my father survived, but my mother did not?" I asked her. I was always wanting to know what could have killed them.

Nyx froze for a moment. Then, she took a deep, shaky breath before bending down on one of her knees to be at eye level with me.

"Any poor mortal that attempts to procreate with a god will end up perishing during the birthing period, that includes fathers too, naturally born gods will fight their way out of a mortal mother" She held sadness in her eyes as she spoke to me.

"So my father lied to me then," I stutter out, covering my mouth to hold a choked sob back.

The other people were watching with sympathy, but one person was not bothered by it.

"Oh, grow up. If you can't handle the thought of a loved one dying, you will too perish in this ruthless war," He snapped, throwing his sword deep into the soil.

Fury blinded me. Before I knew it, I imagined him punching his face, then groveling at my feet.

"What did you say?" I questioned seethingly. He immediately punched his face and dropped straight down to the ground begging for mercy.

I stopped in shock, which cut off his actions. He looked up fearfully at me.

"I didn't want to do that!" He yelped, stumbling back to his

'What just happened? I thought to myself.

'That was one of your powers,' Wyatt said through the mind link. Everyone else seemed to have been able to hear it, too, because they were either intrigued or frightened by my abilities.

"First lesson is self-control," Nyx said. So we followed behind her like lost puppies to the circle with other students.

"You cannot attack everything that upsets you. That is how you will hurt somebody you love dearly" She walked around the circle, then showed her hand as streaks of darkness flowed out, outlined in a white hue and littered with stars.

She was morphing it into a weapon, which burned dark flames.

She aimed the bow and an arrow at a nearby tree, shooting her dark matter at it, corrupting it in darkness.

Both Wyatt and I jumped excitedly at how impressive the whole display was.

"Everyone's form of creation comes in many different techniques and views of expression."

Nyx finishes in a loud, calm voice.

I watched as people morphed with clay, wood, or even grass.

I tried so hard to bring my force into play, but I couldn't figure out what my mind had to be.

My eyes widened when I remember having my school burned down to the ground as a child due to my drawing pad which seemed to summon whatever I drew.

I promised myself I would never practice that kind of magic again.