Wyatt-Ch.5

[Wyatt]

Everybody was confused about why we were in the middle of nowhere, with a castle protected by a magical shield.

Because we were being chased by monsters not long ago, I had not been to this island before.

"Who teleported us here," Ferdinand asks, looking around at everybody on the bus. All the people on the bus were just as equally confused as he was.

I played innocent, looking around as if I was trying to figure out who had done it. "Own up. Who did it?" I snapped out like I wanted to find out. Tamsin and Thomas stayed deathly quiet.

"It was me," Tamsin said, loud enough for everyone to hear. I shot her a grateful look.

She gave me a quick nod back. Raine was shocked as she stared at me with an intense gaze.

She spoke into his mind, 'That was you, wasn't it?' Raine questioned me with a perplexed expression on her face.

The sun was slowly rising in the east. The red and blue hues stretched out across the land like a rainbow.

This was a good sign, considering that the monsters do not fare well in the sunlight. They burn up and fade to ashes.

Everyone was still surrounding Tamsin, in awe of what "she" had done.

Even though some of us knew who had moved that bus, I was more than grateful for her taking the fall for me.

It was a miracle that we had made it out of that alive, especially since it was my first time moving an entire bus.

"Let's go check out the castle, then Tamsin and I will talk later," Ferdinand says, catching everybody's attention.

Soon enough, everyone had found a seat, with Ezekiel driving the bus towards the castle.

Hopefully, whoever it was behind those walls wouldn't hurt us.

It was so odd to be on a land with no trees in sight. It felt a little bit exposed like we could be attacked or taken out at any moment.

Of course, we had to worry about people who regularly hunted for people like us.

They are servants to very powerful people, who hunt more like us, giving them more power.

They are the only enemies we have to worry about in the sunlight. It was indeed risky moving a bus with an excessive number of powerful people.

Especially since, without the shield, it has been more challenging for me to contain my powers. I could accidentally move time again, and we would be right back in a crowd of monsters.

The sooner we got inside the shield, the better.

We stopped right outside the shield, staring up at the luminous hues. The vibrancy of it all hit us in the face.

I was in awe. I reached out a hand to touch the shield without thinking.

"Wyatt, step back!" Ferdinand yells, but it was too late. My hand phased right through the shield. After that, I could walk right on in without a fight.

Ferdinand's eyes widened, but he tried hard to contain it.

"No one else try that. It won't work for you," He says, but Wyatt immediately realizes his mistake a little too late.

He didn't consider that he was strong enough to enter the shield without permission because he was partially a god; he could overpower any shield.

"But how did Wyatt get through without being thrown back," Somebody asked in confusion. Everyone else was just as confused.