Raine-Ch.5

[Raine]

"So you two will be sharing a room, for the fact that it won't be safe for either of you in separate rooms!" Nyx says excitedly as she leads us to a room with separate beds.

I looked at Wyatt with a raised brow, sighing with defeat.

I would rather be in the same room as Tamsin, I enjoy her company more.

"I would quieten your thoughts, you don't know who's listening," Nyx says out loud, her gaze directly on me.

Her eyes are not smiling, though her lips were curved in a tight smile.

"Stop reading them then" I replied sarcastically, I have just about had it with this woman.

"Can't help it when they are shouting at me" She replies politely, which seemed to tear at my nerves.

I felt my eyes had just about rolled into the back of my head, once she left I turned around to Wyatt with a soft sigh.

"No offense, but I prefer Tamsin" I mutter, rubbing my eyes tiredly with a yawn.

"Respectfully I would rather be with someone else too" Wyatt shot back from his bed, his voice muffled by the pillow he stuffed his face into.

I don't know why I felt so offended by what he said, but it's true.

We both would rather be with someone else, let's hope we are not stuck together for too long.

We both drifted off into a restless slumber.

-I was wandering through the empty land of grass and plain fields.

The monsters were just over the horizon, slowly gaining with each time my eyes closed.

My heart raced as a layer of darkness covered the field, and the monsters grew closer and faster. 

My pulse was pacing like it had its nerves. The big tall monsters growing taller the closer they got, claws elongating and reaching out for my face-

I woke with a start and landed with a thump on the floor, just to realize I had not been under the blankets but floating In the air.

I rub my head, looking down to notice that my hands were still shaky from the nightmare that I just had.

Yawning, I noticed that Wyatt was too floating in his sleep.

It made sense for that to happen to him, but that sort of thing never happened to me.

I threw the book at him, watching him jump with a start and land on the floor also.

"Wyatt, why were we floating in our sleep," I ask him, I felt too shaken up to fully process what had just happened.

"You have no idea?" Wyatt asks me with a soft groan, he was rubbing his forehead where the book had been thrown at him.

"No dummy, that's why I'm asking you!" I snap at him, rubbing my forehead in exasperation.

"Obviously if you're floating, then one of your parents is like mine" Wyatt mutters tiredly, rubbing at his eyes.

I frowned, deciding to go for a walk to brush off the chills.

"What are you doing up," Nyx asks from behind, it gave me such a massive fright that I yelled out in surprise.

"I had a nightmare, it unnerved me, to top it off, I had fallen from the air instead of my bed" I sighed, trying hard to shake it off.

"What happened in your nightmare?" Nyx questioned softly, she walked beside me, it appeared that she had been asking with genuine concern.

"There were those monsters that were chasing us, they had their claws coming towards my face" I shivered at the thought of it, and Nyx had frozen.