Caelum-Ch2

[Caelum/Aquarius]

I was once again in the passenger seat next to the guy who had taken me just the day before, he expected me to help him take another kid to the school for kids like us.

I am more concerned that he thinks I will follow what he asks for me to do.

It took me a bit to realise he was saying something to me.

"When we get there, tell him you know his parents, that he has to come with you to find out the truth okay?" Ferdinand tells me in a tone that said, do not mess with me.

"What makes you think I'll do this for you?" I said stubbornly, looking up at him with a fierce gaze.

"The fact that I can put you out there with people who will sacrifice you and not care what happens to you. Now follow closely" his response was so scripted and so quick that I was convinced that he would actually throw me to the wolves.

I could not speak or had an actual response, so I just nodded mutely, listening closely for my own sake.

Once we turned up to what looked to be a police station, we saw a small looking kid sitting on the bench in the waiting room in rags.

"You must be?" I finished halfway through a sentence, hoping to catch his name.

"Wyatt! An you must be?" He responds back quickly, holding out a hand, acting like he hadn't seen another human for a long time.

"My name is Caelum, nice to meet you! May I ask what you're doing here?" I questioned curiously.

"Well I was sleeping under the bridge again not to far from here, an someone must have been scared out of their minds and called the cops on me, not that I'm complaining, it gives me somewhere to sleep"  He smiles softly, but his eyes spoke another story.

"I actually came to pick you up Wyatt, I am with another man out in that vehicle and we know your parents" I said softly, kneeling down to be eye level with him, I didn't have the heart to say that its possible his parents may be dead.

"Really? Where are they then?" He asked with a sly smile, he knew something that we didn't know.

I was starting to feel sweat drip down my forehead as I said. "I'll show you, you're just going to have to trust me Wyatt" I murmured softly, almost pleading him with my eyes.

Hoping he would get the hint and come with me.

"Oh what the heck, it's not like anything worse could happen" Wyatt shrugged his shoulders and stood up to follow Caelum out the door.

My heart ached from his response, but nether less I was happy that I wasn't being sacrificed today.
Save it for another day at least where I taste better.

"Hello Wyatt" Ferdinand says as soon as he's in the door, sitting in the back seat next to me.

"Hello" he says without really any real emotion, he just kind of stares out the window with a sigh.

"So, you want to know more about your parents?" Ferdinand asks him boldly.

"I already know what happened to them, but wherever your taking me, I don't care where we go, I don't have anywhere to stay anyway" Wyatt says with a blank face.

He looks kind of surprised staring at Wyatt, even I had been surprised by what he had said.

"You already knew?!?" I asked him incredulously.

"Yeah I killed them by accident when I was a kid" Wyatt said in an emotionless voice.

"I'm sorry what? How do you even remember back that far?" I asked him in shock.

"Sometimes I dream about it, sometimes I'm awake when I'm thrown into another mind messer" Wyatt said to me with tired eyes.

"What's a mind messer?" I asked him confused.

"Oh like when something doesn't feel quite real, but a sense like it actually did happen and they're not just dreams" He explains casually.

Ferdinand seemed to be quite in deep thought while we drove away from the police station.

"What does that feel like for you? Physical wise?" Ferdinand said after a bit.

"Like a fog over my eyes, my head buzzing and my fingertips aching" Wyatt said with a frown.

"I think its part of your powers, an you say you can't control when this happens?" Ferdinand replies back, looking at Wyatt through the car mirror.

"Yep, its a royal pain" Wyatt mutters, yawning as he started to fall asleep in the car.

"If Wyatt had these powers, there's a chance he saw us coming and already knows what's going to happen before we even know" Caelum mutters to himself, looking up at the roof with a confused frown.

"You're quite right, but if he came with us, it means he knows nothing bad will happen to him from what he's seen" Ferdinand says in speculation.

"Interesting, I wonder what else he can do, I admit that he may be stronger than me" Ferdinand adds afterwards.

"Can we stop off somewhere to get a drink an to stretch on our way back to the school?" I ask him eagerly.

He nods sharply to me in the mirror, but I could see him smiling a little bit as he pulls over next to a dairy.

"Can I have some icecream?!" Wyatt asks in excitement.

Which gave us all a fright because he was sleeping when we'd last seen him.

"Uhm sure?" Ferdinand asks with a confused voice.

"Yes yes yes!!!" Wyatt shouts excitedly, then vanishes before our eyes.

"Where'd he go!" I shout in surprise, until we see Wyatt come out of the dairy with an ice cream cone.

"God you guys are slow" Wyatt mutters, casually hopping into the back seat like nothing happened.

"What the- what!" I yell in a baffled voice.

"How'd you disappear like that? You just vanished out of thin air!!" I said, my tone of voice becoming increasingly louder.

"I just thought of ice cream and then I was there, having ice cream handed to me" Wyatt says casually.

"Although you might want to go in and pay for it Ferdinand" Wyatt says boldly, eating the ice cream without a care in the world.

Even Ferdinand looked amazed and shocked.