Raine-Ch2

[Raine/Pisces]

I was in combat class fighting off against one of the twins, which matter of factly I was terrified to do, since people seemed to be scared of them.

I didn't understand why I was here, my powers weren't really that magnificent, not that I knew how to control any of them.

I failed in just about every class I went to except combat class, I apparently became really good, real fast.

"What's going through your mind Rain?" Tamsin asked curiously as she throws a high kick towards my face.

Which I swiftly dodged and made a grab for her foot to grab and twist her around onto her stomach on the floor in one swift move she was on her face.

"Just wondering why I'm here is all" I say back to her, while she puffs off the stray hair that landed on her face.

"Now why would you be wondering that?" Tamsin asked in confusion, as she seemed to really not understand why I would be questioning it.

"Well, it's just that, I've failed every class so far" I say as I help her up off the floor.

"I don't think people really noticed or minded all too much" Tamsin tried to helpfully say to me, looking at me with a big smile.

"No one noticed? You're kidding right" I raised both my eyebrows at her to which she laughed at, then shook her head.

"Look I was only trying to make you feel better" She said reassuringly, somehow managing to kick my legs out from underneath me, which made me drop to the floor with a hard thud.

I have no idea how she managed to slip that one past me.

"Like that one time I set the flying mouse free and it interfered with other peoples experiments?" I looked at her pointedly.

"That was a one time thing, it could've happened to anybody" she gives off a laugh, helping me back to my feet.

"Do you remember when you had calmed that phoenix down, that had set fire to a part of the school?" Tamsin said pointedly.

"You may be failing at certain classes, but it doesn't mean you don't have any other stre-" I threw a punch to her face which cut her off as she spun around and threw a kick towards my back, which I then rolled underneath.

"Yes I know I did that, but I don't know how I did, that's what I want to figure out" I said in an annoyed tone of voice.

By this point, both Tamsin and I were on the floor wrestling and pulling at the other persons hair.

"Break it up girls, we are here to train, not pull each other apart" the teacher says, levitating us apart from each other.

Both Tamsin an I looked at each other with a half smile.

"Sorry miss, we just got really into it, is all" Tamsin speaks to her innocently.

The moment Tamsin said that, we were both dropped to the floor.

"Yes well, save it for when you actually have to fight" She says as she turns around to watch over the other students. Correcting their poses and stances.

"Want to take a break Tamsin?" I ask her with a soft smile, I could see her emotions swirling around her. 

They were bright and happy, but there was one small part that looked dark and right in the centre of her.

I wasn't quite sure what that was about, but the emotion I could feel was happiness from her, an I seemed to be the reason for it.

I could also read the emotion of love, dancing behind her mind.

An image of my face had appeared in her thoughts behind the emotion.

Which I hadn't noticed before, I never told her I could feel or see peoples emotions.

Otherwise nobody would want to be around me.

But I have a hunch that she may have a crush on me.

"Sure Rain lets take a break" she said with a half smile, following me towards the bench on the side of the hall.

once we sat down, she was extremely close next to me, almost touching arms with me.

I could feel a cold sweat build up from her being this close as I smiled nervously.

She pulled out her lunchbox, eating a muesli bar next to me, while I pulled out my rainbow noodles to eat.

I had spaced off during a vivid image of Tamsin kissing me, the immediate desire to kiss those perfect lips of hers was so sudden.

I gave off a sigh then a gasp of shock when Tamsins lips had connected with mine.

"T-Tamsin!" I half yelled into the kiss, before pulling back in confusion to Tamsin coming back to her senses and staring at me in shock.

"I'm sorry! I tried to resist the pull, but it felt like I was brain washed into kissing you! that was scary!" for the first time in a while, I noticed that Tamsin seemed uneasy.

She had even scooted away from me a bit, I could feel that she had become increasingly more anxious sitting next to me than before.

I saw the image behind her emotion, an her hearing my yell.

Was she embarrassed that she had just kissed me? or was it me that embarrassed her by mentioning it? whatever happened.

It seems that Tamsin had no control over what just happened.

"It's okay Tamsin, I'm not really sure what happened either" I gave her a reassuring smile and sat closer to her.

I noticed she immediately felt more relaxed around me and began to talk happily again, so maybe yes I was right about the embarrassed side of her.

She must have thought that I hated the kiss, but I do question why she had no control over it.

"What do you mean you had no control Tamsin?" I asked her in concern.

"Well, it was like someone had attached strings to my body and I was just watching from the side. " She said with a shudder.

I gave a confused nod, as we continued to eat our food in awkward, tense silence.

"Do you want to study later in my dorm room?" I asked her hopefully, hoping she would agree.

But she looked thoroughly creeped out, she still ended up agreeing to come over to study with me anyway. she looked more excited than anything else.