Jongin...

After going backstage, you looked around to see everything that was happening

After going backstage, you looked around to see everything that was happening. Getting to see the behind the scenes of everything made you smile, especially seeing how excited Kai was in the moment. A few moments ago, Kai gave you his suit jacket and a hat, telling you to keep it on. You didn't know why, but did as you were told because it went with your outfit and you liked it. You were currently snapping a couple of pictures while waiting for Kai to finish getting his hair done. You were so excited, you completely forgot about what just happened previously with your ex.

After a few minutes, he was finally done and you smiled.

"You look so good Ginnie." You said smiling and giving him a quick kiss. "Hurry and pose let me get a picture." You rushed him pulling your camera back out and taking pictures. You quickly asked one of his staff members to take a picture of the both of you and you smiled sending it to his mom. "Gosh I wish she was here to see this." You mumbled to yourself.

Kai was being rushed to the side of the stage because it was almost time for him to perform.

"And now, the moment you have all been waiting for. A performance, from the Best New Artist; Kai!" The host called out making you cheer from behind the scenes on the side of the stage. You wanted to record but you were too into his performance. Shedding a few tears of happiness, you smiled and sung along to the song.

The scent of a flower
Girl is this yours?
곁에서 맴도는 자스민
It's kind of familiar
너도 이게 잠옷일지 궁금해

As you were singing, you couldn't help but to smile hearing the crowd singing along with him. It warmed your heart to know the love of your life was finally living his dream. He looked so happy performing and you were over the moon. You finally got to snap a few pictures and videos during the performance. After a few more minutes, and songs, Kai was finally done with his performance and it was time for his speech for winning Best New Artist. Everyone was cheering loudly for him, causing you to smile. You could tell he was really nervous, so he looked back at you for reassurance. You gave him a thumbs up and he motioned for you to come out on the stage making you widen your eyes. You hesitated, but walked out anyway and he grabbed your hand, with his free hand, the award in his other hand.

"Wow. I cannot believe I'm actually standing here right now." He started off smiling. "I would first and foremost like to Thank God. I wouldn't be here without him. I'd like to thank my family, friends, and my supporters of course. And last but not least..." He trailed off looking at you, causing you to smile. "I'd like to thank Y/N. She always pushed me to pursue my dream and never give up. Y/N was always there for me no matter what and I love her so much for that." He said causing people to clap and cheer.

But you didn't expect him to get on one knee. Widening your eyes you started to tear up.

"Jongin..." You said softly gasping as the crowd erupted with cheers.

"I know we've know each other for basically all our lives, but haven't been together too long, I don't want to waste any more time. Y/N will you marry me?" Kai asked with tears in his eyes smiling. You smiled and nodded your head yes.

"Yes!" You said as everyone started to cheer for the both of you. He slipped the ring on your finger, and pulled you in for a kiss and hug. After y'all's moment, you waved at everyone and smiled. Kai pointed to a section that had both of your family and friends sitting in the section and you smiled waving.

"Wow so this was your plan all along?" You asked him as yall walked backstage.

"Yes and you had no idea." He said laughing. You both were greeted by your friends and family with hugs and screams and all you could do was smile. This was such a happy moment and you were happy to be in it. You grabbed Kai's hand and he spun you around to face him.

"I love you so much Ginnie." You said smiling.

"I love you more Peach." He said kissing you softly.

The End....

Thank you so much for reading this short (really long because of how long it took me to finish lol) story🥹I enjoyed writing this so much🫶🏾Thank you for all the support.

Do yall want an epilogue?? 👀