Hello Stranger

After catching up, you and Kai went to his apartment

After catching up, you and Kai went to his apartment. Turns out he had been here a little over a week, but wanted to wait for the right time to surprise you. You also had found out he decided to be a solo artist instead of being in a group because he wanted to come back to the states and be with you. He got everything settled with the label he was under, and luckily they had a office in the United States so Kai was set.

"I cannot believe you've been here for damn near two weeks and didn't tell me." You said to Kai rolling your eyes as he handed you a bottle of water and sat next to you.

"I know, but you don't know how much it pained me to not be able to say anything." He sighed with a small smile.

"I understand, but I'm so happy you're here now." You responded hugging him again, as he snaked his arms around you. You both stayed like that for a few minutes just enjoying each other's embrace.

"Guess what?" He asked as you both pulled away from the hug.

"What?" You asked taking a sip of your water.

"I'm working on an album." He said making you widen your eyes in shock with a big smile on your face.

"What? Kai that's amazing." You replied to him taking both of his hands into yours.

"Yes, but that's not the only thing. I want to show you a snippet of the song. It's based on this girl I met, but so is the whole album." He said opening his computer.

Your face kind of fell, but you tried not to show it. Another girl? Who is she and how come he never mentioned her? You tried to let go of it but it was in the back of your mind, and that's all you could think about. You're pretty sure he had his reasons, but you don't know why it made you feel some type of way.

"Ah here it is." He said starting to play the song. Luckily over the years you've known Kai, he taught you Korean. You weren't fluent, but you knew a good amount.

조명 아래 가려도 lonely
소음 속에 혼자인 뒷모습이
유리잔에 비친 널 보니
그 어딘가 나와 비슷해
Hello stranger

English Lyrics:
(Even if I go under the light, I'm lonely
I'm alone in the back of the noise
Reflected in the glass, I see you
Something familiar to me
Hello Stranger)

As you listened to the lyrics, all you could do was smile. Words couldn't describe how proud you were of Kai. He's worked so hard over the years and it's really paid off.

Once the snippet ended you clapped your hands.

"Ginnie, that was amazing, I can't wait until the whole song comes out." You replied happily, calling him by his nickname.

"I'm glad you like it, I was afraid of what you would think." He said rubbing the back of his neck with a sly smile.

"You should've already known I would love it." You relied laying your head on his shoulder.

Although you were loving this whole moment and the time you were both spending together, you couldn't help but wonder who this girl was about, and the fact he was writing the whole album based on her. You wanted to ask but you decided not to.

"It's pretty late, how about you stay here for the night?" He asked kissing your forehead standing up from the couch.

"Yeah that's fine." You replied, your mind elsewhere.

Let me know how y'all like the first chapter! I came up with this little story based on a dream I had (: