When Will He Be Back?

4 in a half years later

It was your last semester in college, and you had just turned 22.

Majoring in Nursing, you just wanted to be done, and wanted summer to roll around so you could visit your best friend, Kai in Korea. You both talked about it happening, and he offered to pay for your flight, and wouldn't take no for an answer.

Although the made it to your high school graduation, you were bummed that he wouldn't be able to make it to your college graduation.

He had been busy the last few weeks so you both haven't talked much, and damn did you miss him.

Class flew by, and you made your way to your car to drive to the coffee shop to study. Usually you and Kai would facetime whenever he had time, and as you studied, he would just be on the phone with you for support but of course he couldn't today.

Making your way into the coffee shop, your phone started to buzz. In hopes of it being Kai, you yanked your phone out of your pocket with a wide grin, but it dropped when you realized it was just your Mom.

Pressing the answer button, with a slight frown you sighed before speaking.

"Hello?"

"Hi Y/N...me and your dad have a surprise for you. Come home whenever you can." Your mom said sweetly into the phone making you smile.

Both your parents knew how much Kai moving away took a toll on you. Your senior year of high school, you were going through it so bad, you started talking to older guys as a distraction and got yourself in a toxic and abusive situation.

Luckily now, all that changed. You were better and even talked to Kai about it, which he was angry at you at first, but realized you were okay, and so was he.

"Okay mom I'll be home soon. I love you." You replied opening your laptop.

"Love you too sweetie." You both hung up and you diverted your attention to your homework.

"I wonder when he will be back?" You thought to yourself closing your computer after 30 minutes. Not having much work to do, you gathered your things and headed home.

"Honey is that you?" Your mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes ma'am it's me!" You replied taking off your shoes and hanging your keys. "Why is it so dark in here sheesh.." You mumbled flipping the light on to illuminate the dining room.

"SURPRISE." Your mom, dad, and Kai's parents yelled.

Wait Kai's parents???

You looked down from them and saw Kai sitting on the chair with a small smirk on his face.

"Surprise." He said.

You were frozen in place, with an agape mouth. "This cannot actually be happening." You thought. He stood up and stood in front of you a couple feet away opening his arms.

Without a second thought you ran in his arms and broke down crying.

Both sets of parents exited the dining room to give you guys some privacy.

"I missed you so much." You croaked.

"I missed you too." He said stroking your hair. "I promised you I'd be back, and I'm back for good."