I'll Never Let Anything Happen to You

It was the day of the show and instead of Kai being nervous, you were

It was the day of the show and instead of Kai being nervous, you were. You found out through social media that your abusive ex was going to be at the show. You tried to stay off social media to avoid seeing him everywhere, given that he is also a musical artist, a rapper at that. You didn't think you would see him at all anymore, but because he collabed with a popular kpop group, and the song got really popular, they would be attending. Not only would they be performing, but they also got nominated. When you first found out you didn't want to let Kai know, but he could tell something was upsetting you and kept insisting on you to tell him, so you did. He assured you everything would be fine and he would ensure that you had your own security if he isn't around, which wouldn't be for too long.

You looked at yourself in the mirror of the hotel you and Kai were staying at and sighed. You kept telling yourself you would be fine, although deep down you didn't believe it. Your ex, Damien, would always try to find a way to reach out to you every few months, and it would put you in this mental episode you hated. It's like every time he found a way to creep back into your brain or your life, it damaged you. Pushing those thoughts aside, you double checked your makeup and hair. Smiling at yourself, you were happy Kai allowed his stylists to style you for the show. It felt good to be pampered and not have to stress about outfits, hair, and makeup.

"Peach we'll be leaving in 5, make sure you have everything you need." Kai said as his hairstylist touched up his hair and placed a hat on his head to go with his outfit. You nodded and looked through your purse to make sure you had everything you needed. Those 5 minutes went by quickly, because next thing you know, you and Kai were walking through a crowd full of people to get inside the car.

Finally arriving to the venue, you both got out hand and hand and walked up to the carpet. Press was yelling left and right for the both of you to turn their way, and pose a certain way. All you could do was smile because you were happy you got to spend this moment with Kai. Everything was starting to hit you at once. You stood off to the side to let the press get the pictures of Kai they needed, and let him do his mini red carpet interview. You just stared at him and smiled, but little did you know, one of the photographers captured that moment into a picture, and it was beautiful. After Kai finished up, you both walked into the venue, and got directed to your seats, which was really close to the stage.

"So Ginnie, do you want me to come backstage when you perform, or just stay in the audience?" You asked him out of curiosity.

"Whatever youre comfortable with, I don't mind. But I think the crowd would be a way better view when the time comes." He said honestly. You were so oblivious to his plan, he found it quite hilarious.

After about 30 minutes, the show started and you were amazed at all the talent you had seen within the small amount of time the the show started. Feeling the need to use the bathroom, you leaned over to Kai.

"I'm going to run to the bathroom, I'll be back Ginnie." You told him getting up. He was hesitant on letting you go alone, because he knew how you felt about your ex being here, but you were already down the aisle before he could say anything.

Finishing up in the bathroom, you walked out and saw Damien with a smirk on his face.

"Oh Y/N. I haven't seen you in forever." He said making you cover your arms around yourself as he looked you up and down.

"Damien. Please leave me alone." You responded trying to walk away from him. He grabbed your wrist, squeezing it a little too tight for your liking making you shut your eyes in pain.

"Damn, you really have grown up. Why you acting like a stranger? You know you belong to me." Damien responded, and you could tell he was smiling. You snatched away from him, resulting in him grabbing your arm. "You really think I'm letting you leave again Y/N?" He asked digging his fingernails into your arm.

You felt your arm release his grip, and you looked up to see one of Kai's bodyguards with Damien. Kai instantly rushed over to you checking to make sure you're okay.

"Peach are you okay? I'm so sorry I shouldn't have let you go alone." Kai said, with panic written all over his face.

"I'm okay Kai, I promise." You told him with a sad smile across your face. Deep down you were frightened and shaken up, but you didn't want to ruin Kai's day or moment. So you decided to shake off everything.

Kai immediately went up to Damien and punched him in the face, resulting in the security having to pull him away. You were angry at the fact all of a sudden security was around after everything went down. "We'll be pressing charges asshole." Kai said to Damien angrily.  You walked over to Kai to calm him down and reassure him everything was okay. He made sure to tell the security to keep Damien away from the both of you, and you both were escorted back into the award show. Kai would be performing in the next hour, so you both went backstage...

To be continued...

Last chapter coming up! Hope y'all have enjoyed so far (: