Six.

"Buck when you stare At other woman, it makes me worry" Kate nudged him, giving him a playful grin

"I'm not staring" he mumbled. His eyes still glued on the girl from the other fire team.

"You're staring" Eddie chimed, rubbing his eye.

"I want to introduce my operations section chief, Captain Owen Strand out of Austin."

"The thing we were praying wouldn't happen has happened. The wind has shifted. The fire's now on a collision course with the city of San Angelo. There's a possibility of weather coming in, but we can't rely on it, and we won't. We have one last shot to turn the tide." Captain strand pointed to the map.

"Here. On Copper Ridge. We cut a containment line here, and we can stop this beast in its tracks."

"I know you're exhausted. A lot of you haven't had more than a couple hours' sleep in days. But on behalf of the city of San Angelo and their 120,000 souls, we're gonna get you up on that fire line and you are gonna cut like hell. Good luck. Stay safe."

Kate stared at buck who was still staring intently at the woman in the 126 "seriously Buck, I'm starting to worry"

"No, no, I swear I know her from somewhere. It's killing me."

Kate patted his arm "I'm going to grab some water, you keep staring baby"

Kate walked over to the water table, she grabbed a cup and filled it with some water, Eddie appeared beside her holding an empty cup which Kate filled.

"So, your first wild fire" Eddie mentioned

She nodded, "I think the world stops throwing firsts at me, and then it throws more"

"You'll be fine, you treat fires like they aren't.. well fires"

"I love when you try to compliment me, makes me feel kinda warm and fuzzy"

"Take a medic. You don't know what you're gonna find up there"

"That's us" Kate said,

She and Eddie walked under the tent.

"I'm a medic. Eddie Diaz with the 118, Los Angeles."

"You a paramedic?"

"Firefighter. But I was a medic in the army, and on more than a few missions that looked a lot like this."

"I'm a paramedic, Kate Quinn also with the 118, Las Angeles"

"Twos better than one" captain strand nodded

"What you waiting for, Hollywood? Get your bags Meet us down by the motor pool. We'll roll out." The team leader instructed

"Copy that." Eddie nodded

"Hollywood" Kate scoffed,

Eddie laughed quietly, receiving a glare from the Irish girl.

"Let's go Hollywood" Kate mocked

Kate and Eddie reached the truck, Kate pulled out her bag and grabbed her grey short sleeved shirt, thanking god she got to change into something lighter.