Fourteen.

Kate yawned, her eyes watering as it ended. Josie had been teething for weeks, keeping the couple awake for all hours.

"mams tired baby, so so tired" she said as Josie drank her bottle

"This was suppose to be a surprise. I booked a fancy dinner tonight and a night in a hotel" buck confessed, "obviously a teething baby was not expected"

Kate frowned a little "sweetie, that's so nice. You didn't have to do that"

"I thought we could have a nice night away, talk about some wedding things.. maybe some other things"

"I would love to, but unfortunately we have this responsibility as parents to make sure our 4 month old isn't left alone"

"Eddie offered to take her for the night"

Kate pondered it for a second, a dramatic sigh left her lips "I suppose a night alone with you wouldn't be so bad"

"Just us"

"Just us" Kate nodded happily

...

By the end of the day Kate had longed for the day Buck had planned, starting a day off with purple weed wasn't exactly what she expected after that it was basic calls.

Kate sat down at the table, it had been so long since she and Buck actually went on a date both of them forgot what it was like. It was the first time in months they were alone, although both of them missed their daughter like they weren't going to see her the next day

"The food sounds amazing" Kate said as she read through the menu, "I'm starving"

"Are you ready to order?" The waiter asked them both

"I'll have the steak, medium rare please" Kate replied, closing the menu she handed it to the man

"I'll have the same" Buck said, handing his menu "oh and a bottle of your best red" he added

The waiter nodded and whooshed Away to give the orders.

"Wow, you know how to treat a girl Buckley" Kate said impressed

"Ah but you aren't just any girl" he grinned,

Kate blushed, she had forgotten what it was like to be out without Josie. By the time they got home most nights they were crashed before 9.

"So, what's happening with the wedding planning?" Buck asked

Kate smiled, she pulled a folder out of her bag "I thought you'd never ask"

"When did you find the time to do all this?" Buck asked.

"Sleepless Night shifts and teething babies really hate benefits" Kate joked, "If I admit something you won't think it's stupid"

"What?"

"I was engaged before, I didn't get to do any of this. We never had the money, anything I managed to save he spent and I was always so consumed with everything else in my life. So even if it meant losing an hour sleep here or there, it's exciting because I know this time I'm actually getting married" Kate explained.

"That's not stupid." Buck shook his head, "I'm glad it's making you happy, so come on. Give me your all"

Kate hummed "I've got flowers and table decor down, bridesmaids are lined up and guess list has been started"