One.

It was June 5th 2020. LA was on shut down due to the ever growing pandemic that had taken place, Covid 19 cases rocketed higher each day.

Kate was 17 weeks pregnant, still feeling as though she had just found out. Which was to be expected, but nevertheless she had everything organised for when their baby ar merived.

Kate carried a box into the apartment, everyone was now shopping online, Kate had a bad habit of buying peverything baby.

" Woah, what are you doing" buck rushed over, taking the box from her arms

"I can Carry a box sweetie"

"You are suppose to rest. This doesn't look like resting" he lectured, wiping down the box with sanitising wipe

"I'm not tired, why would I rest" she shrugged "In fact I'm bored. So bored that I have cleaned this place from top to bottom and now I have nothing to do but shop online, seriously you have to cancel my credit card. It's unhealthy"

"If it makes you feel better, work isn't exactly what it used to be"

Kate blinked, "you get to leave right?"

"Point taken" he nodded "what did you order anyway"

"More baby things, some clothes. Some bottles, some bibs. Stuff like that" she listed

"Okay, you gotta stop buying this stuff. We have a room full of them, plus what your mom keeps sending"

"I know, I know. I just don't feel organised" she sighed. 

"That's normal, but really. Do I actually have to cancel your card" he joked

Kate chuckled, she ran her hand Along he bump "you're right, I just need to try and stay calm."

"Come on" buck took her hand, he lead her to the couch and sat her down "feet up" he patted

Kate smiled "what are you doing?"

"You are going to sit down and relax, I'm going to make you whatever you are craving and we will find something to watch"

"Mmm" Kate hummed "have we got any caramel ice cream?"

"Ice cream it is"

Kate watched happily as buck scooped ice cream into a bowl.  He had done nothing but see to her every need since they found out, two weeks ago she was craving a milkshake at 3am and went to nearest place that was open and got it for her.

He spent mornings holding her hair back, followed by the same thing at night. Not once making her feel bad for it.

He wouldn't let her lift a finger, no matter what she needed he was there with it

"For you" he handed her the bowl,

Kate took a spoonful of ice cream, feeling like nothing could ever taste that good "you are perfect Evan  Buckley"

"Anything for you"

...

Buck turned over, he noticed Kate's side of the bed was empty, he looked back to the clock on his side and seen it was 3 am.

He pulled back the sheets and got up, walking out of their room. He knocked lightly on the bathroom door but didn't get a response,

he noticed the dim light and seen Kate sitting at their dining table

"Kate" his voice was scratchy, "why are you awake, did you feel sick?"