Eleven.

Kate threw her helmet back on, she wasn't leaving without Buck.

"Kate" Eddie pulled her back, "maybe you should stay here it's dangerous"

"The Hell I am, that's my Fiancé in there and im getting him out. With or without you"

"Let's go" Hen nodded "he's one of us and we don't ever leave one of us behind"

Kate turned and ran into the burning building, her team coming alongside with her. Kate would rather burn in here trying to find Buck than live with the idea that she didn't die, maybe it was selfish; selfish that her daughter might have grown up without parents but Kate lost too many people to lose another. She got lucky with Buck, she got a second chance at a soulmate and she wasn't losing him, not Now.. not ever.

Fortunately they found him quickly, they found him trying to pull a column off the last victims body; of course it would he like Evan Buckley to die trying to save someone who barely had a chance.

The 118 all lined up behind him, each one of them grabbed the rope and pulled with all their strength, Hen managed to pull the body from underneath, they all dropped the weight from their burning hands.

Kate landed down beside Buck, she peeled off her mask and pushed it onto Bucks face, he tried to stop her but she wasn't taking no for an answer.

She threw her arms around him, crying quietly into his shoulder "You are mad, you are absolutely insane"

"I love you too" he mumbled softly

After finally getting everyone out of the building safely, Chimney and Hen checked on the last victim whilst Kate tended to Buck.

He was covered in black sooth, a few small scrapes in his head and a small wheeze but nothing that wouldn't heal itself.

Buck took the oxygen mask off his face, Kate pushed it back on seconds after, resulting in a huff from the grown man "Kate, I'm fine. I can breath myself"

"Fine" she sighed, pulling the mask off his face "whatever you say Evan"

"You're mad" Buck said, he was only called Evan when she was either really mad or trying to reassure him, right now felt like a mad moment "look, I know you don't understand but I had to do it, I had to save him"

"I understand plenty" she muttered, clipping a pulse oximeter against his finger "I understand you are going through a lot right now and I understand that you feel like you had to save him, like you were proving something, but I also understand what it's like to feel like you can't be in this world anymore and if that's the case please-.."

"Woah, hey no I'm not suicidal Kate" he said quickly, he took her hand and pulled her closer to him.

Kate sat down next to him, she picked the skin around her finger anxiously "I've never seen you like this before, I've never seen you shut off and cold and it's scary because I'm worried you don't know how to handle everything that's been thrown at you"

"That's what the therapy is for, I'm never leaving you Kate. You or Josie" he reassured, he held shaky hand bringing it to his lips and kissed it softly "Im sorry I scared you, that was never my intention"

"I love you so much" she rested her head against his shoulder "please never die"

"Never" he squeezed her hand