❦𝑰𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕❦

1665 words ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It could have been perfect.

Her arm around you, fingers drawing circles into your back. Sachiko smelled like the peachy soap you put into the bath, and her still-damp hair tickled your face when you nuzzled deeper into her shoulder. From the way that your legs were draped over her, her other hand tenderly squeezing out the tension from your shins, to the movie playing away on the big television in front of you, everything was so perfect.

You two had saved up for a bit over a year to afford a lovely city home. Sachiko had come with you to buy decorations, and you two would fetch late dinners on your way home with full IKEA bags. She always took the big and heavy ones from you, even if you complained. Last night, she asked you if you two should take the next step.

"What like a child?" you asked her, and she gazed at you confusingly, turning her face away. "Or a cat..." was her curt answer before she hid under the covers as you laughed loudly. But soon enough, even that joyful moment turned indifferent. When the lights were out and Sachiko asleep, the world seemed to slow down. Even if you were grateful for the pleasant life you had and the loving girlfriend by your side, why was the feeling of everything being perfect so... so...

Boring?

"What are your plans for tomorrow?" you asked, filling your mouth with the popcorn that sat in a bowl on your lap.

"I'll be working late at the academy," she noted, giving your back soft, comforting pats. You didn't really need her to comfort you. Working late wasn't the end of the world for normal people. And normally, it wouldn't be to you either.

"Ah, I see. No worries, I'll be out with friends, so I will leave dinner in the fridge–"

Ah, you thought, feeling her hand grab your shin tightly. It's about to be not so boring anymore.

"Which friends?" she asked, choking back the bothered undertone in his voice.

"You know, from the academy." Your answer was dissatisfying, that much you could read from her face as you looked up at her, meeting her cold cat- like eyes. "Why them? You haven't been in contact for a while. I thought you girls grew apart."

"I thought so too, but they invited me out to gamble." Sighing, you pushed off her hand, still digging into your leg, pulling your limbs off her lap to sit properly beside her. The moment you set down the bowl of popcorn, you heard the television switch off, Sachiko taking a deep breath. Arguments weren't so uncommon, even in a relationship as perfect as yours. Sometimes it were just the pickled vegetables she didn't like, and sometimes it were the friends that Sachiko hated so much ever since you met her that would cause them. Either way, they were always awful for you.

"I haven't seen them in a while! If anything I'm excited!"

Honest emotions. That would do, right? If you were happy, so was she, right?

But she wasn't.

Sachiko simply stared at you quietly, judging. She was scolding you with her silence, even though she wasn't exactly a big talker to begin with.

"I thought you knew I can't stand them," she snarled.

"But they are my friends, not yours."

"It would be better if you didn't see them."

There was no reasoning with her when she was like that, you found. Sachiko would rather bite her tongue while arguing only her viewpoint than take up the truth she didn't want to hear from you. There was no amount of 'yes' and 'amen' you could have plead to her that would have made her less averse to saying 'no' to you in return.