Chapter 1

A.n; First post - 10.10.2022. 

Again, thank you for coming to read this book. As usual, thank you for the support! Take care, and stay safe, okay?

Love, D.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

-KARIS-

Decades had passed since Haidee De Hay Den's death, but Medeia was still there.

There.

That daughter of mine was still spending her time by lying next to beautiful grave.

The pair of emerald eyes gazing longingly at the beautiful sea of hyacinth flowers she herself planted to surround the grave of her wife.

At first, she would share her stories earnestly, but eventually she stops doing so when the pain was too much for her.

The kind of pain for not being answered back by the love of your life, because they are no longer able to do so. Because they are no longer present.

She could carry on with her life. Everyone wants her. Even though there are women more beautiful than Haidee, Medeia has chosen to be alone. 

What a foolish daughter you are, Medeia. 

"Even so, I guess I am a fool too." Karis said as her gaze fixed on the magnificent tomb built by the Qaedel for Bulan and her husband.

"If there's one thing I regret in my life, it's to falling in love with a wicked woman like you." 

Her tone began with a hint of resentment but softened as she spoke further. "But then, it was also because of a wicked woman like you that I have such... a daughter."

A daughter who would never address me as her mother.

"They said that she resembled me in many ways... but I think she looks more like you." 

The look on Karis' face became more relaxed when she thought of Medeia. 

Affection glowed in her emerald eyes as she spoke, "For that, I want to express my gratitude to you. Even though I hated you the most in my life, but it was because of you that I have her. Thank you for giving birth to my daughter. It must be hard for you. Though at the end of the day, you abandoned her."

Just as she was about to leave, Karis heaved a small sigh, until she realized she had a bouquet in her hand.

"Ah, yes. I forgot about it. Well, I brought you the flower bouquet you both had when you married to each other." Karis then carefully placed the flower bouquet at the tomb and walked away without looking at how lovely the bouquet looked on the tomb.

Since it will hurt her more.

Because, even after a hundred years, she couldn't forget the genuine happiness on Bulan's face when she pledged her marriage vows to another man.

Worst, was the fact that her family and her tribe died because of the woman she loved.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Once Karis learned that Medeia had fainted in the royal garden, she set off at full speed to get to her as soon as possible. 

She entered the Empress' chamber, and immediately her eyes fixed on Medeia that was attended by the royal physicians. Noticing the arrival of the Empress' right hand, the royal physicians greeted her before leaving the room.