Chapter 25

a.n: Haiiii! Wrote in hurry, might be rush. sorryy! Thought you guys must be waiting for this update. Until then, see u guys again! Thank you for the supports, lots of love x

---------------------------------------------------------

The dinner went well. While Hann ended up drunk and was dragged annoyedly by the Masked Man, Aiken fell asleep and was carried by Yon and Einar, leaving only Bulan and Karis.

'Karis, go take my daughter-in-law Bulan back to her room. We'll talk more about your wedding arrangements tomorrow, okay?! Einar said eagerly as he left with Yon, who was carefully carrying Aiken, afraid it'll disturb the little girl's sleep.

Karis and Bulan waved goodbyes with 'positive' expressions. It was only when they were alone that their expressions changed.

Bulan doesn't waste any time and gets on her feet, racing ahead of Karis. There will be no time wasted with Karis. Indeed, she did her best to control her emotions so that she wouldn't immediately kill Karis.

Karis must not be aware that she has been reborn. Knowing that Karis could be reborn alarmed Bulan to avoid making any mistakes. After all, Bulan has yet to determine Karis' true intention, aside from not allowing Romulus to meet Einar.

'Marry Karis De Hay Den? Absolutely nonsense. I'd rather kill myself than to be marry that monster. It is not a mistake I will make again. This second life, I have to treasure it. This second life is my chance to avenge my daughter.' Bulan braced herself mentally, her gaze unwavering.

"Hey, slow down or you will fall down and get hurt." Karis cautioned Bulan before pulling her back into her grasp. Bulan managed to avoid the puddle, which had almost gotten her feet dirty.

Thump. 

If it was before, whenever Karis show interest to care for Bulan, she would be overjoyed to the point of death. 

However now, Bulan felt that her heart only filled with disgusts and resentment at such hypocrite.  

Hiding her emotion, she took in a deep breath before she spoke, trying to break free from Karis's hold. "Let go of me."

 Karis did not let her go right away; instead, she calmed herself, not wanting to offend the angry princess anymore.

Karis did not let her go right away; instead, she calmed herself, not wanting to offend the furious princess anymore.

After all, Karis felt bad for raising her hand and hurting Bulan. As much as Karis resented her, Bulan was still the mother of her child. 

The person who gave birth to Medeia. 

Her expression softened as she thought of Medeia, who had the same temper as Bulan. Now that she looked closer at Bulan's frowning face, it reminded her of Medeia whenever Medeia was trying to suppress her annoyance.

'She must be so annoyed at me,' Karis chuckled to herself, feeling happy to see the resemblance of Medeia. 

"I don't want to but if I let you go now, you will run away and stumble on the ground." Karis calmed her voice, speaking lightly to coax the angry princess. "After all, you can't really see during the night."

Bulan raised her head to give Karis a piercing look, yet unconciously her eyes dwelling once more on the scar that marred Karis's eye. 

In a past life, she was convinced that the scar on Karis's eye was from a burn, not from the sharp tree branches.

Her heart was filled with concern at the thought of the past repeating itself. Perhaps, sooner.

'No. As long as I don't marry her, my daughter will not be born or killed. And, to prevent the past from repeating itself, I must put an end to her. Perhaps such a nightmare wouldn't happen if Karis, Edan, and Romulus do not exist at all.' Bulan carefully planned inside her head.