Chapter 18

a.n: Well, it might be confusing since i keep relating this chapter with the previous chapters in The Witch & The Blind Princess.

Again, see youu soon :)

Thank you for the supports and love!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karis opened her eyes reluctantly, giving herself time to reflect on everything that had happened that had led her directly to the man she had hoped not to meet just yet.

"We shouldn't have met yet. Not when I'm not strong enough to protect my family and the Den Tribe," Karis clenched her fists in rage as she thought of it, before becoming aware of her body being sloppily bandaged.

Still laying down, she raises her arm, her gaze fixed on the sloppy bandage. Her sloppy bandages now make her look like a mummy.

Karis muttered. "Right, Bulan did ask Romulus to let her treat me as well. She probably didn't want me to recover quickly because she wished to spend more time with that man."

However, the truth is, Bulan did it alone because she refused to let anyone from touching or seeing Karis's bare body.

Still laying, she was about to get out of bed, but then she heard the voices of Bulan and Romulus approaching her in a moment.

Karis closes her eyes, steadying her breathing, and pretends to sleep because she is not ready to meet Romulus yet.

Meanwhile.

After finishing dinner with the Norfalks Villager, Bulan went back to their room. Bulan has been sleeping in the same room and bed as Karis since the treatment began.

Others who are unaware of Bulan and Karis' relationship do not consider it a problem because they are both female. Though, Hann, who was aware of the situation, didn't mind one bit because, in his mind, Bulan and Karis were destined to get married regardless of whether or not they slept together first.

It was only Romulus who rejected such ideas of Bulan sharing place together with Karis. But who could ever deny Bulan's words?

"Master Rome is the worst! Why did he suddenly become so strict with me and soften his treatment of Karis? Does he develop feelings for her? That crazy old man, if he dare to think of it, I will not spare him!" Bulan complained. She then blew out the lights, and she laid down on the bed, carefully.

Her expression loosened as she observed Karis sleeping serenely on the bed. She could not stop herself from raising her hand. She gently traced her fingers under the cut on Karis's cheek and then along the arch of her brow.

She caressed Karis' brow with tenderness. "Am I crazy to think that this scar makes you look even more perfect?"

"...." Karis.

"Wait. Why does the bandages look a bit messy?" Bulan suddenly felt alarmed.

"...." Karis, starting to feel irritate that the frown was visible from her face. She was well aware of the trouble that Bulan would cause her at any moment.

Noticing that her frown was probably from the messy bandages, Bulan made up a decision.

"Oh well, I can make it up again so you can have a good rest, my love," Bulan said with a grin, 'feeling proud of her new talent.'

She never had to make an effort for anything because she was the favored Princess. The world was indeed revolves around her. However, the pressure to prove her worth and to be an ideal wife came, however, from Karis herself.