Chapter 10

a.n: Gosh, I'm sorry for the very late update. Life was so hard for me but I'm good now. Anyway, See you in next saturday! Thank you for staying with me :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bulan thought that Karis' heart would be melted, but Karis' reaction was the opposite.

The cold beauty wasn't the least bit swayed by her charms.

"K—aris—calm down, please, I know I've wronged you but it's true that you had touched my body—" Bulan begged as she struggled to free herself from Karis's arms, which had already lifted her and was about to throw her out.

In the middle of a chaotic time, Bulan smelled a faint scent coming from Karis's body. It smelled citrusy and luring. It made her think of the night when they got close

While she was in Karis's arms, Bulan found herself floating on a cloud of Karis's enticing scent and warmth. 

As she fought to free herself, she met Karis's eyes. The eyes that once made her feel loved and cared for are now staring at her as if she were worthless.

"How..." Bulan let out a small gasp. 'When did it all start to go wrong? Just when did you begin those long, distant stares at me?' Bulan thought, and her grip on Karis began to weaken.

Karis, who was already not thinking rationally, persisted in her plan to toss Bulan out of the window. Angry veins, and anxious sweat could be seen from her gracious feature.

"Why do you always make things difficult for me? Do you realize that your childish action of following me here will have an impact on the people I love? Had it not been for my respect for my daugh—" 

For my daughter's mother.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Karis couldn't finished her words, as 'something' was blocking her throat. 

No. It's more than just "something." Her throat felt as if it were being strangled by such invisible rough hands,  stopping her breath short.

Karis then realized what was causing her pain. It was when she had almost mentioned Medeia's existence. Which the Goddess Nemesis forbade her from doing.

'I almost mentioned about Medeia in front of Bulan. Now, it must be the Goddess' punishment for me.' 

As the pressure on her throat increased, she also felt her heart pounding painfully.

The pain, appeared as though her heart had been forcibly removed out of her body. Her face began to sweat, and her vision blurred.

Karis's strength began to wane over time, and eventually she stumbled and fell, bringing Bulan crashing down with her.

"Karis!" Bulan, who didn't mind the pain of falling to the rough ground, held Karis right away. As she wiped the cold sweats from Karis' face, she asked anxiously. "Why? What happened to you?"

Karis struggle to fought against Bulan's embrace of her body, but she couldn't move because of the sudden pain that was ripping through her.

Instead, she groaned breathlessly. "It hurts," 

And, cold.

Karis's Emerald eyes tightly shut as her hands clutching her chest. Something wasn't just piercing her heart, now she was shivering as well. 

"It's so painful, and cold," Karis said, as she was gasping for breath.

Bulan quickly glanced out the window, thinking that the scorching weather might be too much for Karis.