CHAPTER 7

"Ah good morning!" The Matchmaker calls to them from the yard, even before they are back at the main building. He's sweeping dry leaves, dressed in work clothes with a broom in a gloved hand, he waves at the couple. He's clearly been waiting for them.

"Good morning. I'm sorry, we have no idea what time it is, there were no clocks in the hut and we have no phones. I hope we haven't kept you waiting." Taehyung speaks softly and smiles at Jungkook, thinking how every moment was worth it, whatever the time.

Sung-Min smiles at the clasped hands and the shy glances. It's not difficult to figure out what has happened between the men overnight, if not the soft smiles then the barely visible mating bites on their necks speak loudly enough.

"We have to go back, I feel we have overstayed our welcome. Is your boat back yet?" Jungkook asks.

"Boat? Oh the boat! You don't need the boat, the road's just fine." He smiles, a little sheepish, ushering the men toward the main house.

Taehyung and Jungkook look at each other and then back at the Matchmaker.

"Why didn't you just say that yesterday?" Taehyung asks when they enter the building and leave their shoes by the door.

"I'm sorry, it was so obvious to me that you needed a little time to sort yourselves out, I hope you'll forgive me my trickery." He doesn't look sorry, not one bit.

Taehyung smiles, shyly. "Thank you, we really did need it."

They sit down on the floor cushions by the coffee table where there is tea waiting for them.

"I have some questions, actually." Taehyung asks.

The Matchmaker sits down and nods. "Ah, I also have some questions, but yes, it's best you go first."

"I'm a little confused about why I keep feeling so conflicted all the time. Like... it's like I have two people inside me, constantly fighting?"

Even while he speaks, Taehyung catches Jungkook nodding in agreement, as if he has also been suffering in a similar vein.

"Conflicted, you say?" Sung-Min scratches his chin a little while he thinks. "I think... would you agree with me when I say that our wolves are separate from our people?" Both Jungkook and Taehyung nod in definite agreement.

"So... I think it's then fair enough to say that the wolf and the man can have different characters? Most of the time the two natures inside a person are similar or in agreement."

"I can hear "a but" coming..." Jungkook mutters.

"Yes well, sometimes, rarely, the personalities inside can be in conflict. I think perhaps you two..." Sung-Min clears his throat.

"I think, just based on what I've learnt about you two since I met you yesterday, I get the feeling that both of may be experiencing this conflict. That your human personalities and the personalities of your wolves, are very different." Another glance is exchanged between Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Yes... yes, I think that makes sense because you, Taehyung, you seem quite different from your average Omega, if you don't mind my saying." The smile on the Matchmaker's face is kind and understanding.

Taehyung chuckles, rolling his eyes. "You could say that."

"And as much as you are different, so is Jungkook here? No?" Jungkook just nods in agreement but says nothing.

"I get the sense that you, Taehyung, are very assertive for an Omega and you, Jungkook, are quite calm and reserved for an Alpha?" The words are rhetoric. "But I think... is it possible that your underlying natures are different? Even reversed?"