CHAPTER 2

Mrs Jeon and Jungkook wait outside by the front steps. Jungkook is holding a small paper bag with sandwiches, his suit and tie all tidied up to perfection. It's all starting to feel a bit too real, he thinks.

They hear the car coming up the hill. It's hard not to because it's old and noisy. A battered 4x4 Jeep.

Jungkook pushes his glasses up again and squints against the lights

He tries not to hold preconceptions about people in general but there are certain things Omegas are known for: general softness in shape and demeanour, quiet non-assuming presence. They lack demands and assertions and are generally very pleasant to be around, good company.

The person who gets out of the car... gives Jungkook many reasons to be surprised and not all feelings stemming from that surprise are positive.

Perhaps only one thing strongly suggest that Taehyung's second gender is Omega.

His mother's words "exceptionally beautiful" are not sufficient to describe the appearance of the wolf hopping down from the battered car. He is absolutely exquisite. The divine sight, however, is somewhat tainted by the fierce scowl distorting it.

Beauty is where the Omega-like characteristics end.

Where most Omegas would prefer to be seen in soft, attractive clothing, the man approaching them is wearing army surplus clothes in camouflaged khaki: cargo pants, loose, heavy shirt and a red bandana across his forehead to keep his dark waves at bay. There are big, brown, lace-up boots reaching up past his ankles. His forearms are showing out of the rolled up sleeves and they are tanned in glorious honey. They are slender but by the look of them, the man is not weak.

His almond eyes are dark chocolate, his lips... gloriously soft and rose pink.

 gloriously soft and rose pink

When a sudden smile directed at Mrs Jeon appears on the man's face, Jungkook feels all air is punched out of his lungs.

He doesn't know what to do with it all.

When Taehyung approaches, Jungkook realises he is also tall -which is rare in Omegas- by the looks of it as tall as he is. He's also confident and if first impressions are anything to go by, not at all placid, quite the opposite.