page seven

The funny thing about these boys is that they always knew where each-other were. Wether it was mentally or physically. They always knew. When they felt like they didn't, the subconscious part of their brain would. They knew the ins and the outs of each-other. Which is something most people can't say.
Vincent and Peter had their own language, words that only they could understand.
They would keep those words burrowed in their heads at all times to remind themselves they weren't alone, even though the world wanted them alone. They knew they weren't.
Both boys were scared of walking down paths by themselves, but having the reassurance of each-others delicate hushed tones was like having someone walking by them the whole time.
Peter eventually saw Vincent, he was sitting at the end of the docks with his feet dabbled in the water. Peter sat down next him and didn't hum a word.
They just sat next to each-other, they didn't have anything to say because they've said everything before.
Sometimes it's better to just have someone next to you without having to talk. Their essence and history have already said everything.
This isn't the first time they've been in a situation like this, they were used to it.
The simple beauty of just being next to someone to be next to speaks at levels no amount of, "I love you's," can.
It's rare when people can understand that.
Peter felt the soft skin of Vincent's palm rest on top of his hand which felt like the sun on a cool winters day.
"Acknowledge me." Vincent turned his cold stare onto Peter, who was staring at his reflection in the water.
Peter inched his head up, his eyes interlocked with Vincent's.
Peter noticed his eyes glowed brighter, he knew Vincent was sad.
"I will."
Peter pulled his hand from underneath Vincent's and traced his finger up Vincent's chest to his chin, lifting it up slightly to look at him better. Vincent leaned towards Peter so that they're faces were centimeters apart, their lips so close but not touching.
"We can't love like this forever." Peter breathed.
"I know."