page one

Summer,
England 1865

Vincent, his eyes were of scarlet, his skin fair if a little flush. His hair the color of gilt.
Peter, his eyes were of raven, his skin bronzed and even. His hair the color of a winter's night sky.
Playing in the vast fields where everything was okay. The tall grass hid their secrets, the dead trees held their sins, and the whispers of the wind kept them going.
Loving in a field was much different than loving in a city.
To them, their love would be carried in a casket instead of a portrait.
After all, having them painted, historians would have called them "The Best of Mates."
They were best mates, in the eyes of their parents and friends', but when they both looked each-other in the eyes, they were lovers.
Even in the fields, their soft kisses, hums, and whispers would linger around for however long they stayed.
The fields were their home. The trees were their friends. The birds were their enemy.
Seventeen years old, knowing everything at that age can lead to such calamity, but when you're eighteen, everything changes.

No longer considered "School Boys," they now are men. Destined to find a wife, work, and provide for their families.

Nobody knew these boys secretes, they were two lost souls who carried daggers in their backs.