Chapter 4

After hanging out with sunny yesterday, you feel accomplished like you achieved something but wait you feel like you're forgetting something? BASIL, yeah basil how could you forget your dear friend just like that? but anyways, you should make it up to him and visit him today!

As you walk towards basil's house, you once again feel at unease and discomfort like you want to run away but why? why would you want to run away from your friends? they didn't do anything to make you feel unease when visiting them 

Or 

Did they?

You never felt overwhelmed when visiting kel or aubrey's house so why?

You tried you're best to avoid this uncomfortable feeling as much as you can, as you stand in front of basil's house you feel even more overwhelmed, quite the deja vu huh?,  as you knock on basil's front door, instead of basil opening the door... it was a middle aged woman, is this the so called caretaker of basil? she looks very pretty you thought.

"Oh hello are you a friend of basil's?" she asked while having a warm and welcoming smile, as soon as she finished her sentence you snapped out of your thoughts "Oh yeah im basil's friend (Y/N)" you said while trying to match her happy energy "Happy to meet you (Y/N)! oh and if you are wondering where basil is, he's in his bedroom upstairs!" She said while having a cheerful smile.

You smiled aswell trying not to seem rude as you walk towards basil's door, this is it (Y/N) basil's right behind this very door..., why were you so tensed about this? basil's your friend! he never did anything to you... as you knocked on the door, a whole minute passed before you heard the doorknob open...

Basil looks like he was... crying?, he had very very puffy red eyes other than that he didn't look as bad as sunny did "Oh h-hi (Y/N).." he said trying to make his voice as calm as possible, you would've probably thought he was just nervous if it weren't for his puffy red eyes "S-so (Y/N) w-what are you doing here? oh s-sorry if that s-sounded rude, d-do you need something?" basil said while stuttering "O-oh sorry i just wanted to check up on you... and maybe hang out aswell?.." you said while trying you're best to make direct eye contact.

"S-sure! that would be great.." he responded while still avoiding eye contact, "Okay then i'll wait for you outside if you still need to get ready!" you said while giving him a smile.

TIME SKIP ( you arrived at the park )

You and basil were just simply planting some flowers like gladious, cactus, tulips, roses, sunflowers, lily of the valley and (what flower you resemble!) while chatting with basil ,you were just planting every flower that resembled each and everyone one of the group! as you planned to touch one of the already growned flowers, you heard rustling through the entrance to your secret hangout spot with others. as soon as you heard it, you unintentionally dragged or grabbed basil to the bushes.

"U-um-" as much as basil wanted to question what's happening right now he saw how serious your face were so he stopped himself from speaking before you two get caught because of him, as the darkness revealed who was walking towards the secret hangout spot, it was aubrey! and some other people who you and basil was not familiar with what so ever.

"Basil we should leave.." you whispered trying to be as quiet as possibly yet still making it so basil could hear it, basil nodded, even though aubrey was your friend, you knew how much she despises basil after that certain photo album incident... so you and basil just quietly made your way out of the secret hangout spot, as soon as you and basil got out of the park, basil seems oddly scared like he saw something scary while you were in the trees.

"Basil are you feeling okay? you seem to be sweating alot..." you said with a concerned face as basil flinced "Y-yeah i'm completly fine" he said as he was still sweating "S-sorry (Y/N) but i-i need to go now.." basil said as he ran off before you could even say you're goodbye, What just happened? why was he so terrified?, you questioned yourself.

I mean it wasn't a complete fail but it was wasn't a success either, how unfortunate you didn't get basil to hang out with you more and open up to you. but he'll eventually open up to you right? he won't let guilt consume him right? Right?

As you walk towards your house you considered going to sunny's house again to hang out but what if he thinks you're annoying for bothering him so often? no don't think like that.. you need to comfort sunny and be there for him.. you know how much mari's death affected him... you shouldn't make him feel like he was abandoned again, so you knocked on sunny's door again as suspense kicks in while waiting for 5 whole minutes, nothing happened... , was he ignoring you? or is he asleep?

As you were about to walk away the door opened, "Oh hey sunny was i bothering you? i could leave you be if you don't want any company right now.." you said while trying to smile through this embrassment of yours, sunny shook his head signaling that you are welcome inside. you of course accepted gladly through his offer. and you guys simply hanged out again and it seems that sunny's warming up to you again.. you even taught him how to bake some cookies as you learned these skills from mari or your mother.

But will he open enough to tell you the truth? the sickening truth? would you hate him if he did so?

Anyways the next chapter will continue in the original timeline in the omori game, yes 4 years after the incident as i want to jump into the much more juicy drama in the game.