Chapter 3

It's been a whole year since Mari's death, sunny and basil keeps getting more distant from the group and hero won't even get out of his room but at least I'm still in contact with aubrey and kel at the very least, we would run into each other often when visting mari and we would talk about how our days went and i would sometimes even play some basketball with kel, atleast i know kel's doing better now but i can't say the same for aubrey though... 

I've been building up courage to go to basil and sunny's houses lately now, so now here you are standing at sunny's porch since sunny's house is more closer to yours you wanted to start with him, you felt unase and very overwhelmed when you were about to knock on sunny's door, you even considered doing it next year but you can't keep making excuses for the rest of your life here in faraway town.

So you knocked on sunny's door. 

The suspense was pratically killing you yet nothing happened, did you really think your first attempt would be successful? when even basil and kel who have been friends with sunny longer than you have'd failed, but that didn't stop you and your determination from knocking on sunny's door every once in a week i mean you don't want to annoy him by knocking on his door everyday do you?

This continued on for like 1-2 months until a miracle happened, sunny finally opened his door, he looked... dead i mean that's one way of describing him, i mean he looked insanely pale and malnourished,his bones are practically sticking out even though that's just an exaggeration but still, he looked like he barely eats.

"Oh hey sunny... can i come in?" you said while expecting to be rejected but to your suprise he let you in, the place looks like it's been rarely touched not ran downed but like what you would expect from just moving to a new house."So sunny do you like want to watch spaceboyfriend and his advetures or something?" you said while trying you're best to stop the awkward atmosphere, he just simply nodded well i mean atleast you're taking a step forward to befriending sunny again.

While watching spaceboyfriend and his advetures, you were starting to get hungry so you wanted to ask permission to get a snack in the fridge from sunny "Hey sunny can i get a snack in your fridge?" sunny simply nodded, you weren't sure if he was paying attention to what you said but you simply took it as a yes and went to where the fridge were, and when you opened it.

There was just steak... like literally just steak. is this the reason why sunny is so malnourished? is sunny's mother even taking care of her son nowadays? like you would rarely see sunny's mother even bring groceries in sunny's house and even if she did, you know sunny absolutely does not know how to cook. so you made up your mind and you will have to buy groceries for sunny and cook for him for awhile and you could even teach him how to cook for himself if he wants.

I mean he's your friend you don't want to see a friend starving themselves, "Hey sunny i'll come back later i have to do something real quick!" you shouted enough to make sunny have his attention to you and yet again he just simply nodded he rarely talked to you even before the incident.

TIME SKIP ( after getting the groceries )

"Finally im done with grocery shopping..." you said while sighing, you knocked on sunny's door again he opened it, he looked at the grocery bags with confusion and pointed at them "Oh these? They're for you since your fridge literally has nothing in it except for that oddly suspicious steak" you stated while giving a small smile to sunny "Hey sunny are you hungry right now?" you questioned, sunny nodded while looking away, so you started you're magic and cooked a great meal for sunny 

"Here sunny try it" you said while having a smile, sunny tried it "Do you like it sunny? Be honest with me" you said, sunny gave you a nod and smiled a little bit, his smile caught you quite off guard almost making it looked like you hallucinated his smile, but you also gave him quite the big smile as a return, you were simply happy that sunny smiled again after the incident.

You looked towards sunny's direction, he looked terrified... he seems to be staring at the doorway  "Sunny are you okay?" you questioned while having a concerned look in your face but as soon as you finished your sentence sunny flinched and he looked towards your direction having a terrified look "yeah im fine..." sunny said quietly but enough for you to hear "It's okay sunny i may not know what you're going through right now but i'm here for you" you stated having a serious look in your face

Sunny nodded, while you looked towards the clock in the kitchen, what it's already 7:20!? you're curfew is at 7:30! "Sunny i gotta go now! we can hang out again tommorow if you want!" you said while walking towards the front door but before you could place your hand on the doorknob, you felt something grip your sleeve, it was sunny "Can you stay..?" sunny said while looking down.

You were contemplating on what to do, so you came up with something "I mean i can but i'll have to ask permission from my parents okay sunny? i'll be right back" you said while giving sunny a small grin, sunny nodded.

And of course you were permitted to having a sleep over and well you simply hanged out.

But this is only the first step towards sunny's heart.