🟥22| preparation

Fed up was not the right word, Kibutsuji was livid

Why were the lower moons so weak?

He had received news about the death of one of the lower moons, Rui, and found himself even more annoyed than usual.

He had already been in a bad mood all week and this only worsened it.

All his plans had been flipping backwards and his visit to you had been delayed for several days due to a bunch of foolishness. Luckily you didn't mind because it seemed there was event you wanted to participate in while he was gone.

He was content you had suggested it as it gave him more time to deal with the mess at hand.

He had arranged for someone to help appease your interest.

Despite that problem being resolved, learning of the death of a lower moon made him feel extremely disappointed.

Why were they still alive? They were practically useless.

It wasn't as if his upper moons were much better either. Sure they disposed of hashira effectively but they lacked the talent to find what he really desired.

It had already been a thousand years and his greatest wish had still not been achieved.

How much longer would he have to wait?

When would he receive his full justice?

There was nothing he wanted more than to be able to walk under the sun.

He could barely remember what the sun looked like when it lit the world up. It had been much too long.

On a day to day basis it hardly bothered him but every once in awhile, when he was left alone a sense of vexation would fall over him.

Right now that vexation was at an extreme.

He decided he would begin making preparations to eliminate all his lower moons.

::

You sighed softly as you looked up at the dark blue sky. You had left the balcony doors open allowing for a cold breeze as you sat silently in a chair.

It had now been nine months since you had first come to the manor and though Muzan wasn't around all the time he had managed to keep his promise of visiting you at least once a month.

You were happy with the improvement.

When he came he would often stay for a couple days, sometimes spoiling you with a gift or two before reluctantly having to leave your side.

You knew he was due for a visit very soon but you hoped for whatever reason he would be delayed in coming for at least a week.

It was that season-the blue spider lilies would begin to grow very soon and their window of accessibility was extremely short. You only had a couple days to get there, if you missed it you knew it wouldn't come back for another year.

The thought had been bothering you for weeks now.

You needed to find a way out of this manor and you needed to find it fast.

You also had to make sure not a single soul knew about it and that you accurately determine where the flowers could be.

The location part was partially done because you had been researching how the area back then would look like today but now the problem was how you would get there without anyone knowing with significant speed.

You had been boggling your mind over it for days until suddenly you got an idea.

You decided to contact Muzan directly.

You had told him there was an "event" you wanted to go to.

He was supposed to be sending someone to help you with participating in this "event" and although you weren't sure if the person would be very useful at the very least you would be one step closer to your goal.

Your slight fib to Muzan didn't bother you much either. Your words hadn't exactly been the truth but they certainly weren't a lie and so you felt satisfied with telling him vaguely without being dishonest.

You sighed softly as you continued gazing at the night sky.

You truly hoped the person he sent would get here soon.

Suddenly you heard a ruffling sound towards the open balcony and paid it no attention until you saw a slight shadow.

Your eyes widened as you froze.

Your eyes scrutinized the shadow before you bit your lip. It looked like a human.

You frowned. That couldn't be right.

How could a human jump all the way up from ground level to a balcony without making a sound?

You got up and inching closer to the open balcony you watched as the figure of the person became clear to you.

The first thing you noticed was distinct pink hair. It covered the person's head as they slowly looked up to meet your gaze.

The second thing you noticed was a blue lined face with luminous yellow eyes. The man looked at you plainly for a moment before his head faced downwards again.

Bowing his head slightly he spoke, "Lady (Y/N), I've been sent to assist you."