01| letter

Kibutsuji Muzan was shaking

Kibutsuji Muzan was shaking. His hands were shaking violently as his eyes skimmed over the paper that lay in between his hands.

He was sitting upright on his futon bed as his eyes narrowed profusely.

A love letter.

He had received a love letter.

His hands skimmed over the crinkled paper as he read it in silence.

—-

I've liked you for a while.

I know you've never noticed but now that your illness is rampant, I decided to tell you.

I'm a real idiot.

I shouldn't have waited so long.

—-

His mind wandered in circles as he stared at the writing. He already knew who it was from. The distinct terrible handwriting was something he could never forget.

It was from (Y/N), the daughter of a former doctor he had fired.

You were someone who had happened to find out about his illness five years ago and visited him every Monday.

He knew your liking for him even before you told him. He was yet to reciprocate.

To him, he didn't quite see the point of liking you back. It was much too late anyway.

His current doctor had told him he had less than two years left.

He continued staring at the writing as he pondered about the situation.

For you to write a letter to him, you must've really liked him.

His white cat purred beside him and he looked at her as he thought for a moment.

But he was the complete opposite of you.

You were a bright and sunny person, he was quiet and reserved. You smiled all the time, he hardly ever smiled. You were clumsy and at times, a slow thinker, while he was always sharp and up to task.

You didn't belong together.

You had silently supported him for five years and although he didn't necessarily like you, he didn't hate you either.

He was almost positive you had lots of options. You were the daughter of a rich nobleman, a highly acclaimed doctor that everyone admired, you were probably heavily sought out.

He couldn't comprehend why you had decided to cling to him.

What was so special about him? Why did you even like him?

...

He decided to find out. He summoned a servant inside his quarters and she spoke.

She bowed her head, "Yes my lord. How can I help you?"

...

"Bring me something to write a letter with."

The servant looked at him confused. This was unusual. The master had never shown a desire to write before.

"Yes, my lord."

Kibutsuji watched her walk away and come back with what he requested.

He sighed a bit as he began to write his own letter in response to your love letter.

He thought for a moment before letting his thoughts out in a quick manner.

Kibutsuji's handwriting, unlike yours, was very neat and pretty. It was legible and perfectly in order.

He decided to keep it simple.

He wrote a single question on the paper. He didn't overcomplicate it. He didn't overthink it.
He kept it straight to the point.

Why do you like me?

He would wait patiently for the response.

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥'𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘

hello :) just something to note, this book starts with muzan as a human :)