14| :)

"true bliss is in happiness"

::

Kibutsuji wedded you and you became his wife.

It happened under the most beautiful cherry blossoms. You, his bride, walked to him dressed in a stunning red gown with golden and blue accents. Your face was covered with a red long veil and as he stood waiting for you his heart fluttered.

Yes, Kibutsuji recognized the feeling in his chest as love. It was love and excitement. It was joy in its purest form. He was going to be married to the girl he had fallen in love with.

He was going to live his life in happiness.

And it was happy.

Your marriage was the happiest time of both of your lifetimes.

You spent the whole year with each other. You lived in his estate. You took on his last name and slept in the same room together sharing the same bed.

Every morning you were blessed to see him wake up beside you. Every night you were blessed to be in his arms.

You and him were inseparable.

You were a perfect couple, fit with a perfect marriage but instead of allowing you to enjoy the beauty of your compatibility, fate came to remind you fairytales didn't exist.

Kibutsuji had an illness and it worsened from bad to worse in just a couple of days. It stayed that way afterwards.

While the first half of your six months of being married to him was delightful filled with laughter and smiles, love and kisses, intimacy and serenity-the second half was filled with blood, tears and constant worries.

Kibutsuji was weak. His body was weak.

He was often not able to walk or move. You had thought you had known all about it before, but now that you were witnessing it firsthand everyday it made your impression of his suffering different.

You simply couldn't understand it.

You didn't understand why fate was so cruel on your husband. He was just trying to live, trying to take part of fleeting summer days and everlasting memories.

Fate hated him.

Why did it hate him so much?

It was made blatantly clear to you that Kibutsuji was silently running out of time. The grim reaper had it's claws set on him.

One day, a bright and sunny day, you were inside caring for him.

He was laid on a futon bed in front of you his eyes staring blankly at the ceiling.

He'd grown much quieter throughout his final months. He was much more reserved than before. He only opened up to you.

He looked up at you with a smooth expression.

"I'm not happy," he admitted.

You looked down at him as your hands stopped stirring the medicine you were supposed to give him.

You bit your lip trying to contain your tears.

You refused to let yourself cry. You were not the one suffering. You didn't deserve to cry, although, it hurt you immensely.

His words sparked a fire in you.

You had thought fate was cruel but it was actually you who was being cruel.

What the hell were you doing?

How could you entrust your husband's future to the hands of another doctor? How could you entrust your husband's happiness to another? What were you doing to prevent his passing?

From that day on, you put an extreme amount of work ethic towards helping him.

During the morning and afternoon, you'd stay by your husband's side. You'd take care of him and ensure that he smiled at least once every day.

You were always successful. Kibutsuji appreciated your efforts. Your love for each other blossomed over and over, your closeness binding the two of you together.

At night and early dawn, however, you turned into a completely different person. You collaborated with the doctor who was treating his illness in hopes that you could make a difference.

The blue spider lily.

You saw it with your own two eyes. You saw the field in which it grew and knew the conditions in which it grew.

You helped the doctor to make an antidote, although, even then, you didn't trust him.

He might've been generous but if you lost your husband it would break you. You needed him. The doctor didn't.

You did all this under the impression Kibutsuji would not find out.

He knew, however.

He just didn't say anything.

He could feel your body when it left his arms in the middle of the night, he could see the medicinal books on the shelf being rapidly taken and returned every couple of days.

He knew you were doing everything in your power to save him and he knew you weren't getting much sleep.

He knew you loved him.

He could feel you loved him.

He could see it through your demeanour. He could see it when you smiled and tried to hide the sadness in your eyes. You wanted him to be happy and as such, he also desired the same for you.

Kibutsuji decided that if he did survive, he would never betray you. You would become his forever. You would be his queen and he would treat you as such.

To the woman who was giving her all for him, he was willing to give the world.

You grew accustomed to your sleep-deprived routine.

You grew accustomed to trying your hardest for him and when fate convinced you that you might have a chance, the worst outcome happened.

Kibutsuji collapsed right in front of your eyes.