15| confession

After you had seen him collapse that day, you had performed first aid and quickly went and gotten someone more skilled than you

After you had seen him collapse that day, you had performed first aid and quickly went and gotten someone more skilled than you. It had been a week since you had last seen Muzan and his illness had gotten significantly worse in that time.

He turned out to be alive but was in severe pain.

Kibutsuji had chosen only two servants to take personal care of him in that time period. He did not let you see him. He didn't want you to see him. Knowing you, if you saw him in pain it would hurt you resulting in him feeling even worse.

Now the week was coming to a close and you took matters into your own hands.

"Muzan."

Your hands knocked at the wooden door in front of you as you waited patiently for a response. You missed him.

You wanted to see him.

You knocked yet again as you awaited a response.

Again, there was no answer.

"Muzan," you spoke softly, "it's Lily."

It was quiet.

You waited a bit longer.

You took a deep breath out closing your eyes before pushing the door and opening it slowly.

There was a creaking sound, and your eyes wandered across the lavish room looking for him. You tensed. He wasn't there.

He wasn't in his room.

You stood startled a second before a rush of nervousness hit you. Where was he? He was sick. There was no doubt in your mind that he needed to be resting and that he had probably gone outside.

You made your way into the room opening the hidden slide door and heading outdoors.

You didn't tell the servants around you about his disappearance. You knew he couldn't have made it very far.

Your first instinct was to check the garden and sure enough, he was there.

He was sitting near the edge of the pond silently. There was not another person in sight.

He was perfectly still and you approached him slowly from behind.

"Muzan," you spoke.

He heard your voice and recognized it at once. He knew it was you. No one else dared to call him by his first name.

"Lily."

...

"It's been awhile."

"It has."

"I came to your room...you weren't there."

He spoke, "I was planning to stay outside for a while but upon making it here I realized I didn't have the strength to go back inside."