11| get out

You returned home shortly after the festival ended your feet slowly making it into your estate as your eyes gazed up at the night sky

You returned home shortly after the festival ended your feet slowly making it into your estate as your eyes gazed up at the night sky. Was it even possible to have such a perfect night?

Your lips were still tingling from the sensation of his lips being against yours and you couldn't help but feel your hands wriggling in excitement. Things were looking up.

You made your way into your own personal quarters and found yourself in your room. You took off your grand beautiful kimono and reclined on your bed as you stared up at the ceiling above you.

You heard footsteps come and you looked to your left to see Nao looking down at you.

"My lady, you must change out of your inner clothing and into your bedtime dress before going to sleep."

You frowned, "I'm tired. I wanna sleep."

She yanked your arm, "Get up," she said her voice stern.

You did as told and after properly changing, you laid back down hoping that this time you would be able to drift off into a proper night's sleep.

Your eyes, however, snapped open when you heard the door of your room open aggressively.

You heard heavy and fast footsteps heading towards your bed and you sat up at once feeling a bit fearful. The navy blue veil that separated your bed from the rest of the room was promptly ripped and there, in front of you, stood your father.

His face was extremely pale and his eyes looked dead with anger. You tensed.

He was scaring you.

"(Y/N)."

You shivered. His voice was like the coldest ice.

"We need to talk."

This was extremely unusual. You were used to your father yelling and showing his anger in over-the-top ways. Now, to your surprise, he was quietly angry. You'd rather him be loudly angry.

You bit your lip.

"O-Oh okay."

"Follow me."

You got up slowly from your bed, ignoring the slight crack of your tired bones, before following behind your father. You walked down the hall in your nighttime wear in silence. Your father didn't bother to say anything on the way to his room. He simply kept his head forward, and his mind focused on the events to come.

You were beginning to feel a bit nervous. This was not like him at all. This situation was boggling your mind.  You wanted him to say something. You preferred he say something, but instead, he kept quiet. 

When arriving at his room, he opened the door for you.

"Go inside."

You slowly entered his room and took a seat on a small pillow on the ground. You sat elegantly your legs and posture in perfect order as you didn't want to invoke the 'be a lady' lecture he had regurgitated to you many many times throughout your life.

You watched him slowly close the door behind him as he hesitated to face you.

"(Y/N)."

He spoke your name in a low menacing tone.

"Yes, father."

...

"You do know there were many nobles at the festival."

...

"Of course."

He turned around at once and you got a first-hand view of his facial expression. It was turning red, his fists were clenched, his eyes narrowed as he stormed towards you.

You sat still a moment but then gasped when he grabbed you by your arm.

You looked up at him surprised.

He yanked you to your feet as you felt his tight grip enclose your arm.

"Did you really give your rose to Kibutsuji?! Did I really see that correctly?"

You gulped. He'd seen it? You thought he hadn't been facing you at the time.

"W-Well I-"

Your father threw you onto the ground as he looked down at you frustrated.

You held your arm as it stung, and the newfound pain that you felt from hitting the ground was now falling over your body shocking you.

Your father had never thrown you before. The most he had ever done was slap you.

You looked up at him feeling hurt.

"How could you? I'm your daughter!"

Your father bit his lip, "No daughter of mine would embarrass me like how you did tonight."

"Why is it that your feelings are the only ones that matter? I want to be with him."

"I don't like him."

"Well, you're not the one who's going to marry him."

"Marry?!" your father's voice broke as he looked at you with frightening eyes, " don't you even think of such a thing. I'll disown you."

"Disown me then! It's not like I'm your only child. You can have brother take over the estate."

You stormed by him and out of his room but he followed you.

"Get out of my house!"

"Father-"

"Get out!"

You could feel your cheeks beginning to heat up as your pent-up frustration was reaching its maximum.

"Fine!"

You passed your father by as you made your way outside of your home. It was nighttime. It was cold. It was dark.

You had nowhere to go.

You bit your lip, but refusing to turn back, you began to walk in the dark as your nighttime gown flowed silently in the slight breeze.

You were so frustrated.

So very frustrated.

You could feel tears beginning to come to your eyes and you tried your best to contain yourself but you couldn't. You were upset. Nothing would be able to calm you.

Your eyes began to water until finally, you could feel tears running down your cheeks.

You hiccuped before covering your face with your hands, your tears continuing their steady pace.

::

Kibutsuji sat in his estate alone. He was preparing for bed when he heard a knock on his door.

His eyes narrowed.

Which servant would dare to disturb him at this time?

He got up slowly and walked to it and opened the door.

(Y/N)?

There you stood, coming in from outside in a dreadful state, your cheeks were stained with tears and you slowly looked up to see him.

"(Y/N)," he spoke.

You burst out in tears.

He blinked.

"I know this is bad of me to ask but-"

He didn't ask any questions, he didn't freak out, he didn't require an explanation, to Kibutsuji he simply wanted to calm you down.

"Come inside."