🟥20| akaza

Walking into the manor, Akaza could smell the faint scent of a human

He'd only been to this particular manor twice, and he knew it was the one his master used the least often. This manor was so secretive it was as if it didn't exist. The servants here had all served for a significant amount of time, and even then, there were some he had only seen here and nowhere else.

And now, out of the blue, he was ordered to check up on a specific girl.

It was rather unusual to him.

Who exactly was this girl he was supposed to look for?

He was never the type to ask questions but even he was a bit curious.

She had the same scent as the person his master kept in the destroyed tower months ago. Who was this woman? Why was she so important?

He didn't know, all he knew was he had to find you and ensure your safety up close. He decided he would search the manor but then detoured upon sensing your scent outside. He decided to check the back of the manor to see if you were there.

::

Demons.

Yesterday, your assistant Yuri had told you all about demons. She had told you that she was a demon, that the people around you were demons and that Muzan himself was a demon.

Of course, this was all according to Muzan's instructions to her. She was supposed to tell you.

To her, it would be a problem if she didn't explain it to you, after all Kibutsuji had made it quite clear.

"Don't overstep your boundaries. Follow my orders. If I hear you mistreat her in any way, I'll slit your throat."

After telling you the news, you didn't react as bad as she thought you would. You simply nodded.

To you, it made perfect sense. Muzan was a demon, it was why he was still alive after one thousand years. The day after you saw him you had found yourself wondering about that and now all of the pieces came together.

Speaking of Muzan, it had been a while since you'd seen him.

Three months.

Three whole months had passed and you didn't see Kibutsuji. He was nowhere to be found. It seemed 'soon' to him was completely different from the 'soon' you had expected. He was always elsewhere doing other things and your stay away from him felt hollowing.

It wasn't that the manor was uncomfortable, no, the time you spent was quite nice. You were properly taken care of, you had someone around to assist you day in and out, you were always well fed and clothed...but still, you desired your husband.

You gave a gentle sigh before looking out of a nearby window. It was currently nighttime. The stunning yellow stars shined from outside lightening up the pitch-black sky and your attitude.