07| proposal

Kibutsuji sat in front of a pond frustrated at the fact he still hadn't received a response from you

Kibutsuji sat in front of a pond frustrated at the fact he still hadn't received a response from you. It had been yet another week and he had heard absolutely nothing.

It was making him mad.

Never before in his life had someone taken so long to reply to his letter. Kibutsuji was the single richest noble in town. People stepped on ice when they were around him, they rushed to complete his every command and yet you, you were denying him.

You were pushing him away. It only made him want to see you more.

He wasn't intrusive enough to pop up at your estate. That didn't suit his style at all.

He was the type to make his prey come to him, but in your case, he didn't know quite how.

He frowned in displeasure as his eyes stared at the water in front of him.

He was usually a mastermind at these types of things. He only needed one opportunity to formulate a plan. Just one. But how was he supposed to get—

"Oh, my lord."

He blinked his mind comprehending the voice he heard. It was a pleasant one. It didn't hurt his ears. He immediately made a connection in his head.

The very next second he had turned around to see the woman he thought it was.

It was you.

You were here.

You weren't dressed in your traditional noble wear but you wore a simple pink dress and a small polite smile on your face.

You were close enough to him that he could get a trace of your scent. It made him relax and he couldn't help but want a more concentrated dose. Whether it was vanilla or rose, whatever it was, it pleased him immensely.

You were actually here in the flesh.

This was his opportunity.

"What are you doing here so early in the morning, my lord?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

You nodded.

"Yes, well, today I was going flower picking. I was going to make another dose of my scents."

You looked over at Nao who was holding a basket of supplies.

Kibutsuji looked up at you his mind sharply considering the situation.

He wanted to ask you why you hadn't replied to his letter but wasn't sure if now was the right timing.

Instead, he asked a different question.

"May I join you?"

Your eyes widened a bit as you stood a bit stunned.

"My lord?"