Chapter 2

- Courtney

“So what do you say we go see a film?” Niall asked. We were just sitting on the couch having a lazy day. My head was in his lap as he gently played with a strand of my hair. I opened my eyes to see him staring down at me; I smiled at him and nodded my head.

“Okay go put some pants on.” He laughed. Before you get the wrong idea, I am wearing shorts inside but I knew I would have to change since it’s raining outside.

“Yeah, I’m going.” I muttered as got off the couch, walked up the stairs, and changed into some skinny jeans. There goes my lazy day. Before heading back down stairs I brushed my hair and grabbed one of the many snapbacks lying across the floor.

“Okay let’s go!” I smiled as I got to the bottom step and saw Niall chewing on some chips. He smiled a little and set the chips back in the cabinet before coming over and wrapping an arm around my waist and leading us out to the car. Of course he made me drive my car; I hopped in the driver’s side and pulled out when Niall was in.

I turned the radio on and was greeted with Red’s ‘Not Alone.’ I’m a weird child that listens to ever type of music, so this wasn’t unfamiliar to me. I quietly sang to myself and thought of this song.

I’m glad I have Niall, he makes my life complete and I don’t feel like anything is missing. I turned to glance at him, he was smiling at me. He loved it when I sang, although I can’t say he hasn’t tried to get me to go to Simon about it but that’s not my thing.

I blushed a tad and turned my attention back to the road. I’m a very careful driver so I never really look away from the road. Yeah, I’m done with accidents for a while.

Once we got to the theatre we immediately decided on ‘Warm Bodies.’ I’ve seen the trailer for it and I fell in love with the concept of it. The woman handed us our tickets and I sent Niall to find us some seats while I got our food.

Two large popcorns and drinks, a few bags of candy should be enough for both of us. I waited as the woman got everything together. Man that’s a lot of food, I thought once she placed the four different bags of candy on the counter. She told me the amount and I fished in my pockets for the money, before I could pull it out a hand had already beat me. I looked up to see a smirking Niall; I frowned because he never lets me pay for anything, sometimes I don’t mind and it’s actually really gentleman like but other times I just want to shake him and say let me pay! It’s still sweet though.

We both grabbed our food and headed into the theatre that was playing the movie.  When we got in there it was basically empty except for the two couples sitting in the front. They had hats on and were basically just watching the previews that already started playing.

“I’m going to the restroom.” I told Niall once he sat down with his food. He gave me a weird look and muttered ‘loo’ under his breath. He tries to get me to use British words but I’m not British so it rarely happens and when it does he smiles and tries to get me to do more. Words like that sound weird coming out of my mouth, you would think since I have been here or almost a year the accents would stick but I still have my Irish/ American one.

I smiled and playfully rolled my eyes at him, I heard him chuckle as I walked to use the ‘loo.’ When I found it I did my business, washed my hands, and, out of habit, checked Twitter. I’m always on this app; I guess you could say I am addicted.  I checked my mentions and a new one caught my eye.