16: Need You Tonight

ERIC

"Hi, princess," I smiled as I leaned down to kiss Madison's cheek. "Josh." I shook his hand before I motioned for them to have a seat across from me. We were having dinner at a local burger joint. They made a crispy chicken sandwich that Madi had been craving.

"Hi Daddy." Madi sat down on the chair Josh pulled out for her. "How's the shop?"

"Doing great as usual. We just sold that old Chevy pickup we've been working on." I didn't want to think about the shop. If I thought about the shop, I thought about Sookie and the fact that I'd seen her glorious naked body. "What about you? How's things at the house for you two?" I asked them both.

"So far so good," Madi answered with a smile. "I can't wait until my next doctor's appointment. This baby better not get camera shy. I wanna know if there's a stick shift in there."

I laughed and said, "You girls weren't shy at all. It looked like you were dancing in there. Do you want a boy or a girl, or does it matter?" I took a drink of the beer I received not long after I sat down.

"No, but if I was being honest, I think I'd have an easier time with a girl," she said. "Josh wants a boy."

"You'd have an easier time with a girl because you are one. Josh is probably worried about some little punk showing up at your house when she's sixteen to tell you guys she's pregnant, aren't you buddy?" I smiled over at the boy.

"No, not really," he answered. "I'm more worried about her thinkin' I can do her hair or something."

Yeah, right.

"It's not hard and as long as you have Mom around here, you'll be fine," I said, nodding at Madi. "The girls used to paint my toenails when they were kids and I let them do my hair while their mom cooked dinner."

"Daddy had the prettiest sparkly pink toenails," Madi giggled.

"And I'll do it again if you guys do have a girl," I smiled. I was a sucker for my girls. "Have you thought of nursery themes?" Sookie was going to have to deal with the fact that I was paying for the nursery.

"We have, but I don't want to do anything until we know what we're having," she answered.

"Either way, I'm paying for it," I said. "I've already argued with Sookie about it." Sookie and her perfect tits... mmm... Stop!

"She let you win?" Josh smirked.

"Reluctantly," I smirked right back. "I have my ways." Like giving her multiple orgasms. That was some of the best sex I'd had in a few years. It was probably all of the tension between us finally exploding. I was attracted to her, but I didn't think about fucking her.

"Must have been a pretty good fight. She was in a really good mood last night," Josh told me.

"It was," I nodded. "We haven't gotten into a good argument about anything in a while." I was perfectly fine letting him think it was a fight. He didn't need to know she'd gotten some good tension out and did a fucking number on my back.

"I'm just happy you can work things out now," Madi said.

"Me too. So, as soon as you find out what it is the three of us can go to Lowe's and Target for supplies. Is Gracie planning your baby shower?" I was sure Grace would work with Sookie for that.

"Uhhh, I think Grandma Karin is."

"Okay. Is Papa talking to you yet?" He was pretty pissed about it. I knew he couldn't stay mad at her forever.

The waitress came over to take the kids' drink order. Madi got a water while Josh ordered a lemonade. I must have looked happier too since the waitress gave me a flirty smile before she walked away. I'd been getting a lot of that in public since the night before.