Chapter 9:there's nothing going on between me and Marcus

Chapter Nine
there's nothing going on between me and Marcus

Chapter Ninethere's nothing going on between me and Marcus

3rd Person POV

the next day it felt like a cloud of darkness had settled on bright fields, and it wasn't going to get any easier. Indiana didn't feel anything at that moment. she didn't know what to feel, and to be quite honest, if she thought anything, it would be anger. She didn't know at who, though, herself? Mia? The horse thieves? she was always mad; at that moment, it only felt worse.

She walked around the stables with a sad look on her face. She felt Zoe's sadness from a while away. She couldn't imagine losing mac, and knowing that zoe lost raven hurt her, but she would let zoe handle it on her own. she watched as zoe talked to Becky and jade as they hugged her.

"team meeting," Sam called, and they all walked over. Indiana felt Marcus's hand wrap around hers, and she smiled softly at the feeling. She was almost mad at herself for being so happy over the surface of his hand on hers.

"Are you alright?" Sam asked zoe

"no. no, I'm not all right. I've had two horses stolen," mia said, and Indiana sighed under her breath. Sure she felt terrible for mia, but mia didn't know raven the way zoe did. She didn't have the connection that zoe and raven had.

"We're all upset. it's awful," Sam stated

"daddy's absolutely livid. He has a good mind to sue the stables," mia exclaimed, and indianas head snapped to her. Now that was too far, even for mia.

"for what? Something we can't control, mia. That's not going to help bring raven or firefly back, is it?" she said, and mia scoffed.

"what's this to you? he's my horse," Mia said to her, and She shrugged

"you wave your money around, mia it almost feels like you don't want your horses, you just the stables and anything you can get your grimy little hands-on," Indiana said, and she felt Marcus move behind her as he put his hands on her shoulders and rubbed them as to calm her down

"I'm leaving," Indiana spoke, and she walked away as they all watched her walk away. she looked at mac and made eye contact with him as she nodded

"I know, this is what you would want," Indiana said to him, and she nodded, but she leaned her head down and sighed.

"Dia," someone called, and she lifted her head to see Marcus waiting for her.

"meeting in the tack room," he said, and she nodded as she got up and left the room with him. They walked to the tack room and sat down, only to have zoe and pin busting into the room 5 minutes later