chapter 28

seonghwa woke up to see wooyoung on his bed, eyes swollen, and he didn't look like he got any sleep either. seonghwa was confused but concerned for the boy.

he got up and walked over to wooyoungs bed, taking a seat beside him and putting a hand on his back,

wooyoung only noticed seonghwa's presence when he felt a hand on his back, he looked to his right to see a worried seonghwa

wooyoung wasn't sure what the worst part of a breakup was, was it the preparation? the actual breakup, or everything after? maybe it was all of it.

the shock he felt when he read the message. the pain of the breakup. and the regret mixed with both shock and pain that comes after the breakup, after he realizes what he's done after he sees the faces of all the people around him... after he sees the face of his lover... ex-lover... again.

"what's wrong? did you and san have a fight?" seonghwa asked

his name was enough to bring back the tears to his eyes to replace the dried ones,

"h-hey, is everything alright? what happened?"

"h-hyung..." wooyoung said with so much pain in his voice, seonghwa seemed like someone he could trust. someone he could let his guard down with.

"you can talk to me, go ahead,"

"w-we broke u-up.." wooyoung barely let out

seonghwa froze, he was shocked, wooyoung and san seemed to be in love, seriously in love.

he tried to collect himself so he could help wooyoung first, "what happened?"

instead of a response, wooyoung cried- sobbed.

after that, wooyoung slowly went back to his old self, the self people hated, the self that never spoke, the self that isolated himself, and the self that hurt people around him.

wooyoung could no longer cry, he couldn't sleep, he couldn't eat, he couldn't shower. everything seemed like a challenge.

seonghwa stopped going over to hongjoong's as much, making sure wooyoung eats, showers, drinks water, sleeps.

without the help of seonghwa, wooyoung would've been in the ER or even worse,

in the other dorm, hongjoong was begging san not to cut himself, a couple of minutes ago hongjoong walked in on san with a blade placed on his wrist,

"san, please i'm begging you! drop the blade,"

san ignored hongjoongs request as he tried to free his hand from the other's grip

hongjoong had been trying to convince san for the past 10 minutes,

"goddamnit san! leave the fucking blade," hongjoong yelled in between sobs, he let go of sans hands and took the blade out of his hand in one swift sweep, the blade pierced through his palm and caused a couple of drops of blood to fall onto the bathroom floor, but he didn't care as much, he was just glad he got the blade away from him.

"san, i know for a fact that you have plenty of others and i'm not planning on going through your stuff san, i know how much you loved wooyoung-"

"love." san spoke

"huh?" hongjoong asked

"i love wooyoung, as much as his words and actions hurt me, he will still have my heart. and i hate how much pain loving him causes me."

hongjoong stared at san for a second until he broke out into tears as well, the love he had for wooyoung was incomparable, the love he had for wooyoung was genuine, pure love.