chapter 09

"yujin i-i can explain!" he couldn't let her know her parents were the people who did this to him, he knows exactly how much she cares about them.

"w-who did this to you?" she asked as tears started to drop down her cheeks, she walked closer to wooyoung and reached her hand out. she gently pressed one of the bruises and wooyoung winced in pain, moving his arm away.

that was yujins breaking point, all the tears she tried to keep in, all came out at once and all wooyoung could do was watch, watch as someone he cares about sees him like this, even if he didn't like her romantically, she was still someone he'd risk everything for.

wooyoung didn't tell her how he got the bruises, he kept making up excuses that yujin knew weren't true.

a couple of weeks passed and yujin still had no idea how wooyoung got those bruises, she'd ask him every day but he'd always ignore her or change the topic. eventually, yujin gave up, she knew that if he wanted to tell her, he would've.

wooyoung was at her parents' house one day receiving his 'punishment' for letting yujin see his scars and bruises. the same exact scene every time, mrs. han on the chair beside the fireplace drinking her tea while mr. han did all the dirty work.

wooyoung was lying on the ground, shirtless as mr.han slammed the belt on his bare back. new scars, new bruises. new blood is drawn from him.

and just when mr. han hit wooyoung again they all heard sobs coming from behind.

yujin was standing there, horrified by the scene in front of her. her mom dropped her cup and stood up, yujin looked at them one more time before running in and pushing her dad away from wooyoung.

she looked at wooyoungs injuries as her silent cry turned into weeps.

"yu...jin?" he said as he passed out. yujin quickly called the ambulance as well as the police to report what had happened.

after the police hung up she stood up and looked at her parents, and the last words she said to them were "i hate you"

mr. and mrs. han were let go from the police station. it wasn't like they could keep them, they had enough money to keep them out of jail for years and the connections to have the best lawyers out there.

wooyoung was currently at the hospital while yujin was beside him, her leg anxiously tapping against the floor.

"yujin-ah..." said wooyoung after he had regained consciousness

"w-wooyoung!" yujin stuttered as she saw the man she loves laying on a hospital bed barely managing to stay conscious.

"i- i have something to tell you..." he had to tell her, he couldn't keep pretending he couldn't let her have the hope of him liking her back that way.

"tell me later please you need to rest!" she insisted

"n-no i can't keep lying to you,"

yujin got slightly curious, she came closer to wooyoung and listened carefully.

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry for everything..."

"you have nothing to be sorry about it was them! they did this to you, i'm sorry i didn't see it sooner,"

"yujin-ah please listen... i haven't been completely honest with you,"

yujin looked at her slightly confused, "i...i'm gay..."

it was as if yujin had froze, no reaction whatsoever

" i really tried to look at you romantically! i'm sorry i lied to you! i wanted to tell you sooner i swear,"

yujin still didn't move, didn't cry, didn't scream. nothing.

"yujin? yujin please say something!"

it was quiet for a while until, "was it all...a lie?" she asked

wooyoung didn't know how to reply, all the times he had told her he liked her romantically were all i lie but he did genuinely liked her as a person

"yujin no, it's true i didn't like you romantically, but you are still one of the most important people that's ever been in my life!" he hoped that would explain that he still cares about her. all the laughs they had were genuine. all their memories were a treasure in wooyoungs mind.

yujin didn't say anything else, after the doctor had said wooyoung was ready to go she left.

the next time he heard from her was when she called him a week later at midnight.

wy: yujin! i'm so glad you called!

yj: wooyoung

wy: yujin?

no reply

wy: yujin?!

no reply

wy: yujin! yujin where are you?!

yj: i'm sorry

and she hung up.

"yujin? yujin!" wooyoung had already worn his shoes when he felt something off, he ran out the door and dialed the police to notify them that his friend might potentially be in danger,

he didn't know where he was running to but he had to find her!

wooyoung had been looked for 30 minutes when he received a call, hoping it was yujin, but it was the police.

wy: hello?! hello! d-did you find her?"

911: we did... sir i think we're too late, we found her body at ********

wooyoung hung up the phone and started running. his mind kept giving him false hope.

"maybe it wasn't her"

"maybe it's someone who looks like her"

"yujin! please please i hope it's not you!"

after wooyoung had gotten to the address the police had given him, he saw it, yujin's lifeless body being dragged into an ambulance.

even after yujin died, the abuse and torture didn't stop. they'd have him over every week and release their anger, sadness, and hatred on wooyoung.